Verizon turned me to collections
helpmeplease31

I cancelled my account with Verizon in April and have contacted them several times to try and get a final bill amount.  Every time I called I was told something different and they continued to bill me for internet w/out a phone, which is impossible to do in my area!  While trying to fix this, a new account number was established by Verizon and then I was trying to dispute two account numbers.  Eventually, they put the account into my sister's name and continue to charge her for internet which we do not have.  She called and was told everything was taken care of.  I stopped receiving bills, so thought everything was taken care of.  NOW, I have been turned over to collections for an amount that is more than my monthly bill that I paid for years and they still are billing my sister for internet in an area where it's impossible to have internet w/out phone.  I am so frustrated that I now have something on my credit report for 7 years for something that is incorrect and seems impossible to fix.  Does anyone know how to deal with Verizon?  I was a loyal customer of Verizon for years, paid my bills on time, and feel like I am in the middle of a nightmare.  When you leave Verizon, is this what they do?  If I ever thought about returning to Verizon, I certainly do not now.  All I was trying to do was end my Verizon account because Verizon could not offer me a faster internet and couldn't provide me internet w/out a phone line in my area.  Funny how they can bill for internet w/out a phone line, but can't provide with that service.  Please help me!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon turned me to collections
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi helpmeplease3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes