Verizon welches on a triple play deal
not_happy101

So, i sign up for a triple play bundle and as part of the deal I am assured that the $99 technician fee will be credited back in two payments on successive months. Of course it didn't happen and everyone up to the supervisory level says there are no records of it and they refuse to reimburse. After a heated exchange they agree to credit half. Beware

0 Likes
Re: Verizon welches on a triple play deal
jonjones1
Legend

You won’t want to hear this but normally you must sign up online and not use a phone or chat intervention to get that waived.

if you did indeed speak on the phone or chat or even in person that instillation fee is going to be charged.

remember sales people will say anything or do anything to get a sale.

many complaints at this forum and others on the net. Just google it. 

0 Likes
not_happy101

I was aware of that. While signing up online I hit a snag. I called and a woman assisted me to complete the sign-up online and assured me many times it would be considered an online sale. She specifically and without a doubt said the fee would be reimbursed. Verizon is a bad faith dealer

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@not_happy101 wrote:

I was aware of that. While signing up online I hit a snag. I called and a woman assisted me to complete the sign-up online and assured me many times it would be considered an online sale. She specifically and without a doubt said the fee would be reimbursed. Verizon is a bad faith dealer

Again IF YOU SPEAK TO ANYONE on the phone or in a chat session. That install fee will not be waived. Google the scam that others have fallen for. 

Website is designed for snags, sales will tell you anything to get the sale, however you have a 30 day total customer satisfaction guarantee to just back out. If past 30 days. Bingo you are caught and must pay early termination fees for leaving. But that would be cheaper than paying $200 a month or $2400 a year times 2 years at $4800.00 

so save the money and go to a better service.

0 Likes
not_happy101

anyone fro m Verizon care to weigh in on this? You are being accused of outright lying and bad faith dealing. Is this business as usual?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hello not_happ101,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@not_happy101 wrote:

anyone fro m Verizon care to weigh in on this? You are being accused of outright lying and bad faith dealing. Is this business as usual?

Ask yourself this, what good is it to ask a question you already know has happened?

as the moderator stated this is customers helping customers and Verizon may occasionally see the post you made. But you don’t really expect Verizon employees to verify your accusations? That won’t happen.

i gave you good advice in my last reply. It’s up to you to follow it or not.

0 Likes
not_happy101

I mistakenly thought that there were verizon moderators here. Also, if you read my original post, you'll see that I already fought with customer service up to the supervisor level. Thanks for the unneccesary scolding....

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Had no intention of “scolding” you.

i am trying to get you to understand what the forum is for.

for what you went through do you really want to enrich Fios to the tune of $4800 for two years?

when my old phone service raised my so called taxes by .33¢ a month, I called and told them they cannot put a tax on E911/911 in New York State. Even with proof from the tax department they would not remove the bogus charge. I ported out to another service.

you see I don’t enrich a company who is trying to scam me. So for $3.99 a year I dropped them and they lost much more than that. You have to step up to the plate when you don’t get a satisfactory outcome.

0 Likes