Very Long-Time Customer Needs Escalation Department
Windows99
Enthusiast - Level 1

As is usual, I spent approximately an hour on the phone this afternoon with offshore customer service representatives, asking for a domestic-based representative for a Verizon account-related question that demanded knowledge of the U.S. I can't go into more detail. These representatives were courteous young people, but the anger of yet again wasting so much time on a Sunday afternoon, only to be told by a very earnest young man he was connecting me to the Escalation Department because (his words), "This needs escalation...but I see so many thousands of numbers in front of me..."

The anger is matched only by the seriousness of the reason I phoned on a Sunday to begin with. He "connected" me to an automated voice--that in thirty seconds disconnected me. After little less than an hour.

I need help. I need to speak to someone not even in Canada, but in the U.S. I have never paid a bill late in 30+ years; I prepay. I have never received a bill reminder. All I am asking for is some help from a company I have chosen to stay with through some of the most agonizingly long and fruitless customer service calls I have ever placed to any utility.

Please tell me how to escalate this problem that I REFUSE to go into more detail on in a public forum, but that this non-English-speaking young man insisted deserved Escalation.

Thank you.

Re: Very Long-Time Customer Needs Escalation Department
jonjones1
Legend

Too long to quote.

to reach an American representative call 1-800-VERIZON between 8 am till 5 pm EDT (eastern daylight time) you should get someone from Carolina or other US based call center.

0 Likes
Windows99
Enthusiast - Level 1

A day after finding a way to escalate the problem by Googling "Verizon Escalation Department," I got a response and follow-up phone calls. I did not find the information on any Verizon-related site.

0 Likes
primoateo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This applies to voice chat support as well.  I just spent an hour on voice chat attempting to convey my issue, and this was necessary only because of an obvious language barrier.  We should not have to call and wait on hold to reach someone fluent in our language!

0 Likes