Want my security deposit back
jspark12

I also have returned FIOS equipment and never got a refund credited to my last bill. I paid a security deposit on equipment several years ago and when returned at the close of my account, received no credit. I returned the equipment on 4/5/14 and have the receipt. 

I did call customer service and a woman actually told me, "In my 16 years of working here I have never heard of a security deposit on equipment." Difficult to believe, naturally. Anyway, she promised to request my records, because the deposit was paid several years ago and she did not have access to those records and needed to request them from another department. She never called me back and I still am getting billed an outstanding balance, which should by now reflect the credit for returned equipment. Amazing how this policy is so important on the front end and then ignored on the back end.

0 Likes
Re: Want my security deposit back
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
jspark12

I contacted customer service about this issue and they have promised (again) to investigate and call me back. I have the chat ID number if you need it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopefully they will have it reopened for you.  BUT THEN YOU need to follow their instructions on how to access the problem record.  This forum is essentially peer to peer except for the few admins with a Verizon logo attached to their ids.

0 Likes
jspark12

This issue has been going on for months. After 6 years as a loyal customer, I disputed a final bill amount. The final bill was 123.01, but I argued it should be 73.01 because of a credit that should have been due to me for returned equipment.

I attempted calls on two occasions to customer service. Both times I was told the record of the deposit was so many years back (that's how loyal I was), that they could not see it and needed to request them from another department and call me back.

After no returned calls, I turned to social media and made a post about this. I again was in touch by telephone with the social media part of Verizon probably 7-10 times over the period of several months. Each time they said they would check the record, and each time they called me back saying there was no evidence of a deposit paid on the equipment several years ago. I even engaged in a web chat with customer service and saved the Web ID

Finally, I gave in and paid the 123.00. Now the item is on my credit report despite the following:

I never disputed I owed money. I disputed the amount and was attempting to resolve.

The customer service people I dealth with never told me it was going on my credit report

The bill is fully paid.

Now I have had to call the financial services/credit reporting people at Verizon, who have informed me the item on my credit report is considered "paid out of collection." They can find "no evidence" I was attempting to resolve the issue despite the following:

I called at least twice intially and received no call back, despite promises.

I have been communicating with Verizon social media department for months about this

I can provide evidence of all of the social media's incoming calls on my phone

I can provide evidence of a chat ID

I can provide evidence of web posting and replies

Is Verizon just too large, bureaucratic and disorganized to handle this simple matter?

What does it say about Verizon when this is done to a very long term customer, who only disconnected originally because my new living situation uses Comcast only?

How can Verizon's web reporting department not have any evidence of all these communications and why are they not attempting to find it instead of saying, "I don't see it."

What does it say about Verizon that this simple issue even made it to collections and now my credit report?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have re-opened your private support case which you did not respond to before. Please follow the instructions given above and make contact with the agent.

0 Likes
jspark12

I did respond to it before. I absolutely did. I descibed in my post what happened when I responded to it. Just read it again (or for the first time). You clearly didn't read it.

0 Likes