What a pain!!
Welfel

Been working on this for about a month now, seems like my Fios account disappeared. Right before my account vanished, it did something funky with my auto payments turning them on and off, and now they want a fee for $30. For something I paid and wasn’t late. MY bank statement shows it and VZ profile shows it being paid on time. SO I called about the extra fee because im not paying it and seems like I don’t exist. After a month and 5+ Reps promising call backs that I do not get I’m giving up. I stopped payments; im not going to pay anymore, this might help them find the account when I am getting service for free… I feel like I am dealing with Comcast here, I may actually switch after this crap. Anyone have this problem? How long did it take to get resolved? Oh, and apparently the ticket number for the “Back team” to check is gone…   

Comcast here i come, dont know if youll be much better but VZ is preping me for the switch.

0 Likes
Re: What a pain!
Welfel

Cant wait to hear... "This has been escalated to an agent"... yeah it has been several times...

0 Likes
Re: What a pain!!
jonjones1
Legend

@Welfelwrote:

Been working on this for about a month now, seems like my Fios account disappeared. Right before my account vanished, it did something funky with my auto payments turning them on and off, and now they want a fee for $30. For something I paid and wasn’t late. MY bank statement shows it and VZ profile shows it being paid on time. SO I called about the extra fee because im not paying it and seems like I don’t exist. After a month and 5+ Reps promising call backs that I do not get I’m giving up. I stopped payments; im not going to pay anymore, this might help them find the account when I am getting service for free… I feel like I am dealing with Comcast here, I may actually switch after this crap. Anyone have this problem? How long did it take to get resolved? Oh, and apparently the ticket number for the “Back team” to check is gone…   

Comcast here i come, dont know if youll be much better but VZ is preping me for the switch.

Don’t know what state you reside in but google your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and call them up. They normally regulate Verizon and other Utilities.

please note if you go by the plan of withholding payments, Verizon will ruin your credit and fico score so that if you want to buy a home, car, credit card or a loan or services with the cable company you would not be able to do so.

couple that with the fact it stays on your credit profile for 7 years from paid off/charge off date. So think carefully.

you must write a letter of dispute of that $30 and make sure you pay only the amount not in dispute. Just to save you some heartache.

i would commend you on the stopping of auto pay. No one should do that. Also loved that “this has been escalated to a Verizon representative “ statement. I laugh every time I read it. I like visiting the store to transact any service issues. Only watch out that Verizon likes to call the police when they don’t want to hear you. Or you get unruly.

0 Likes
Re: What a pain!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes