Why can't Wells Fargo recieve ebills from Verizon?
KevinMRose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a WF bill pay account and it USED to be able to recieve automatic ebills from Verizon.  All of a sudden, I get a notice saying that I can't anymore.  I have deleted the Verizon payee and re-entered it.  When I tried again, Wells Fargo says it doesn't recognize my Verizon acount number format.  Now I have a late fee from Verizon because I didn't pay the whole bill automatically and because I was off less than 3 bucks, Verizon charged me 5 bucks late fee...  I am a very discouraged customer and wish I had another choice.  I use bill pay in WF so I can see my total budget in their application and don't wish to have Verizon automatically withdrawing anything from my banking acounts. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't Wells Fargo recieve ebills from Verizon?
KevinMRose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did call the support line and they said that Verizon doesn't report bills to 3rd parties, so you can' use Wells Fargo bill pay to automatically update your monthy payment...   It did take a while to get the rep to admit that.  The crazy thing is that they used to report bills, but stopped.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi KevinMRose,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
KevinMRose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did call the support line and they said that Verizon doesn't report bills to 3rd parties, so you can' use Wells Fargo bill pay to automatically update your monthy payment...   It did take a while to get the rep to admit that.  The crazy thing is that they used to report bills, but stopped.   

0 Likes
Jprach1

I had e-bills with my FIOS/INTERNET Account, sent to my Wells Fargo Bill Pay up until two months ago.  Todays Date is 4-27-2015.  After calling Verizon, I was told there was a problem with their System.  So I don't think even Verizon Customer Service know what the issue is.

0 Likes