Why is there a equipment charge when removing TV Service?
Shoff5151
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a 2 year triple play bundle contract with phone, tv and internet. I would like to remove the cable tv service and keep the internet and phone service. On the website it shows that my account is eligible for the mix and match pricing. When i preview my changes i noticed there is a one time charge for TV Equipment upgrade

What is this fee for and why i am being a charged a fee to remove services. Back in July/August i returned the standard definition set top box and will be returning the high definition box once i do cancel my tv service.

0 Likes
Re: Why is there a equipment charge when removing TV Service?
jonjones1
Legend

If you read it correctly the charges on the right hand side show it being removed and not charged. It cancels each other out.

relax.....

0 Likes
Shoff5151
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not cancel out. When i preview the new plan, on the top right where it has the pricing with the old pricing and new pricing, there is a Plus $50.00 one time charges under the new price

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I see no $50 charge on your photo. 
it would be foolish of verizon to lose a customer for a bogus up charge when it is a downgrade via removing tv. 

if you receive your first invoice and it’s on there you then call Verizon and have them remove it. However be ready to do battle with them. They love to take money from customers and then make them jump hoops to get it back.

you can contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission or Department of Financial Security whichever it is called that regulates verizon and they will assist you. 

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

send an email to this above url and verizon escalations department will call you quickly.

0 Likes