Why won't My Verizon App recognize any telephone number format?
Mel204

On Android Samsung phone, My Verizon account Set-Up keeps telling me it doesn't recognize my phone number.  None of my phone numbers or any format entered is acceptable.  I was looking at my Verizon FIOS acct on PC as I tried the Samsung s5 cell.  I copied as 1+ and then +1 (US Code) and then Area Code with paren and then the A/C with a dash instead of paren, and then cell number and then home number.  I tried the A/C with number without the US 1.  I did this for over an hour and more than 10 times.  Shut phone off and retried.  My Verizon App tells me that none of my numbers are recognized or accepted.  Verizon AOL Email sent me an access code to the very Cell number that Verizon won't recognize.  I was able to downloan AOL Email thru Google Play.  The Verizon FIOS home phone billing number is not recognized.  That makes no sense.  Very irritating and a silly problem.  What is the solution?  

0 Likes
Re: Why won't My Verizon App recognize any telephone number format?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

try 10 digit for ex 5161234567 no parens ,no dashes, no spaces and definitely no country code (+1), of the account's phone number.  NOTe as I just tried it, it added in periods as seperators.

0 Likes