ZERO incentives for Verizon existing Customers, Pathetic Attitude and Customer service
amer1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a verizon FIOS customer for quite some time may be over 4 years. Seems the discount credit they gave me came to an end on Oct 31. When I called Verizon to renegotiate my contract was shocked to hear that their Retentian dept Worker named Lydia told me that I am getting so many discounts that I should be paying Verizon. What a joke? Called another time and this time a person {edited for privacy} who kept me dangling for a month mentioned that my bill would go from $117 to $147. She kept me dangling for a month since I would have gotten rid of verizon 1 months ago. Anyways, it seems like all good deals and incentives are for new customer, guess it make a good headline that this many million new subscribers signed up for verizon in this area. I believe they should also mentined how may got rid of them. I personally don't like changes but Verizin will never come to my home again once it get disconneced on Tuesday and to all the families I interact with in Suffolk county, i will make sure that now the story very well. They do not realize Netflix and hulu practically costs $7.99 each and you get everything on a fly and all news channels are free with any average Antenna. The multiroom dvr and rest is all crap and useless.

But what confuses me that how does it benefit a business by loosing his long time customer verses getting a new customer? Wish, I would have never gone to Verizon 4-5 years ago.

Re: ZERO incentives for Verizon existing Customers, Pathetic Attitude and Customer service
Clipper68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you 110%!!  I am going probably back to DirecTv after my obligation is up.  One of the things I can't agree with is paying or leasing as they call it for the boxes you need to view TV.  I must have paid for them 3 times by now, just seems that long time subscribers do not get any incentives to stay with Verizon.

I also find that trying to get a HUMAN to help you is practically impossible, unless you want to hold the phone to your ear for 30 minutes or better to get one, only to  be asked the same questions you already answered when you first called,

I feel your pain, and I also have Netflix and Verizon can say goodbye to me after my committment.

0 Likes
Re: ZERO incentives for Verizon existing Customers, Pathetic Attitude and Customer service
hil357
Enthusiast - Level 2

Or you actually get a human...and they make promises that they can't keep - then their supervisors call them mistakes and say 'oh well' with no apology or ability to rectify the situation.

I agree, no incentives for long-term customers = goodbye.

m215
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree.   And with the supervisors calling them 'mistakes' -  I have been calling verizon on a monthly basis to get my bill adjusted because they verbally offered me a decent price to renew my contract, but it was never reflected on my monthly billing.  The bill is higher than what I used to pay before I renewed for the same service.  One supervisor said that the agent gave me the wrong price over the phone, but since there was a note on my account, they have been giving me the credit when I call.  So far, no one has been successful in getting the correct price reflected on my account on a permanent basis.  Again, this new price is still higher than what I paid before I renewed.

0 Likes
Greystone1

I am not a Verizon customer. I am a Brighthouse customer looking for a new provider.

I want to know what happens when the contract runs out.

Am I going to be once again looking for a new home two years down the road?

Is Verizon going to stick it to me if I stay with them?

For starters, the equipment will be paid for by then, so will they stop charging rent? I could buy the equipment up front but other providers don't approve of Verizon equipment. I don't like being over a barrel... stuck with my provider.

And they wonder why everyone wants to cut the cord. It's all about the predatory practices.

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went thru the same runaround on the phone. I agreed to extend my contract for 2 yrs AT THE SAME PRICE but the only way to get the same price is by having a slew of deduction that  they apply.  Once the discounts run out, you're paying a ridiculous price for their triple play package (TV, Internet and Telephone).  Paying for their boxes is a rip-off.  They should be part of the service but they don't tell you that when you first sign up.  They remove channels that were in my package and raise prices for boxes or whatever at random so the "contract" is only one-sided.  Legally, I don't know how they get away with it.  I am going to look into other options when my contract is up. Where is the integrity?  Direct TV is ok but not an option in a high wind area and their customer service stinks too.

0 Likes
Tutonka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greystone- STAY AWAY!!!

Read through this forum, go to the Better Business Bureau, and search on line for customer feedback on Verizon FiOS. Then celebrate your dodging a HUGE mistake.

Trust me!

The individual workers are good, it's the attitudes of the management chain that sucks.

0 Likes