account password does not change
manonoke
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email from a family member with an odd internet link and later received another email from her warning all her contacts that her email had been highjacked and not to open such emails and/or to change our passwords etc.

So I logged into My Verizon and changed my password. There was no apparent problem with this, no error messages or anything like that.

I then changed my email application settings to match. Soon I received an error from my email app when it was attempting to receive an incoming email that the new password was being rejected. I checked to make sure that they were entered correctly and they were. I went log back on to My Verizon and found that the new password was not accepted but the old one was.

I tried this 2 more times and on the third attempt the new password was rejected by the change password "tool" because it was "unavailable". It does not contain any forbidden characters.

My account info page has had a "email authorization pending" flag from the get go even though I have gone through the steps to remedy this multiple times and the address has never changed and it is the same address that my billing notifications and all other manner of Verizon correspondence are sent to quite successfully.

0 Likes
Re: account password does not change
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes