no customer service
TampaNetworks

So I go to watch a channel that we have watched for years only to find out that it is now a paid upgrade to our already insanely expensive $178 a month package.  Verizon has repeatedly upgraded our internet, TV and BILL without our permission.  Upon reviewing our bill - now they have added HBO for $20 a month and we NEVER requested or ordered it.  Every time we try to resolve the issues, we get transferred and transferred.   Pathetic customer service.

I figured I would post here since we just spend over 2 hours on hold and being transferred and then got hung up on - AGAIN.

Perhaps someone will actually monitor this but I doubt it so we will begin a campaign to complain on social media and file a complaint with the BBB.  I guess is it time for Brighthouse and Dish Network.

0 Likes
Re: Nothing but theives and no customer service
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely you got a free few months of HBO.  Regrettably if you don't tell them you don't want it you automatically are enrolled. 

You need to monitor everything on your statement and make sure that it is what you want. 

0 Likes
Re: no customer service
TampaNetworks
I don't know how adding $19.99 to my bill each month labeled as HBO is FREE
0 Likes
Re: no customer service
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

What TNS_2 is saying is that sometimes Verizon gives people HBO free for 3 to 12 months.  At the end of that period, they do not automatically cancel HBO.  Therefore, the bill goes up by $20.

If people who have free months of HBO don't want to pay for it they need to cancel before the free period is over.

On my bill, I have one line that charges for HBO and another that provides a discount equal to that charge.  That line has a statement that says something like "Free HBO for XX months, expires on <date>."  I know that I'll need to call Verizon before that date to cancel if I don't want to pay for HBO.

If you had a similar free period, that would explain why your bill went up.

If that's not what happened, you'll need to talk to Verizon.  You may not be aware, but you're talking to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon you'll need to contact them directly.  Here's a link with contact options:

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm

Good Luck,