poor service verizon
mattnx01

on 08/07/2013 Verizon came out to install a phone jack and to raise the phone wire outside back to its legal height ( 2 days before a truck had pulled down the wire off the poll) when the tech came out she told us that the only way to get the phone line up to us on the third floor was to drill a new hole from outside into my kitchen she never even tested the wires were the old phone jack was. When I asked her to put the jack in the other room she proceeded to tell me that was a waist of her time and it would cost more money. I was okay with that and asked how much. She couldn’t answer me how much and said it will be way more money than its worth and a waist of time for her.

She gave us to options on 2 different phone jacks we told her to uses what ever one was easier for her because it made no difference to us. She then went back outside and proceeded to pull the wire back up to the house from a ladder, it was a 2 person job but they only sent her. When she was finished the wire was caught up in the tree and was still 2 feet lower the the law allows. (mind you it was hit by a trash truck and a fedex truck already luckily it has not come down yet) She came back upstairs and told us she had to go to the hub in are area to finish the set up. 90 minuets later she came back to let us know it was all set. I then asked her about the hole in my wall and she said she would get the putty to fix it 10 minuets later she came back upstairs and said she did not have any but she would be back the next day to fix it.

The next day 08/08/2013 two men from Verizon office came by to inspect the work she did. The looked at the wire outside and said that she did not put it back to the right height and she should have pulled it tighter. They then asked to see the phone jack she installed and the hole in my wall she made. They told us they would send someone out to fix the hole and pull that outside wire tighter and asked for access to the basement. They inspected the wires in my basement to see if she could have put the jack on the other side of the house were we asked for it to be in the first place. I left them in the basement so they could talk and sort things out I was expecting them to come back up and let me know what was going to be done and how long it would take But nope they got in there truck and left with out saying a word.

A week goes by and no one came by to do what they said. So we called on Monday 08/19/2013 and got a date for them to come back and do the job the right way. The appointment was set for Wednesday 08/21/2013 between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm I even received a call the night before with this time and an email. 12:00pm comes and goes but no one showed up or called we wait and wait till 4:05 pm when we called we were informed that the tech would be here by 4:00pm by 4:20 he called and said he would be here in 20 mints at 4:40 he showed up. When he got out of his truck I said Hey how are you doing my name is Mike whats yours? with an extreme attitude said "I am with Verizon. What am I doing here."

I then turned to him and said well are biggest priority is that wire not being at the proper height. he then said " that’s a double poll there’s nothing I can  do about that. I then asked well how do I get hem to fix that. He said you wont. I said do I have to call every day, is there someone else that we can call to get some help with that he then said NO ONE WILL HELP YOU. I then said "OK fine what was your name again? (he said nothing) I also need you to test a wire that has no jack on it to see if it can have a jack and to patch the hole in my wall that the other women from Verizon left witch incidentally a wasp came through that hole today (and my son is allergic). I told him this as we made are way up the stairs and he said "Whoo sir enough with the attitude". "I said what attitude?" he then yelled " I don’t  need this! It's not my problem" and stormed out. on his way back down i asked him what his name was he refused again. i followed him down to his truck so I could at least get the plate # he got in and started laughing at me. and then pealed out of my driveway. My driveway is gravel and the rocks hit the first floor windows. The resident that lives there came flying out to say some thing but he proceeded to drive aggressively down the street.

This neighborhood is loaded with kids I believe just about every house in this neighborhood has kids. Not only does Verizon Not care about there customers clearly but they don’t care about your kids either and put them in harms way because they are having a bad day. Their techs are a representation of the company. Not only did he put the kids at risk he then made his place of employment look horrible just like the rest of the people I have delt with over there. I could keep going but I’m sure most of you have already moved on. This is just the issues with the install I have had not to mention the billing issues and the four calls I have made to them and still haven’t gotten a straight answer. Like why does it take 15 mins and two people to find us in the system and why is the bill different every time I talk to a different person and I don’t mean a little different but 90 dollar differences.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: poor service verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mattnx01,

We were able to get the foreman of the area to come out to your residence and resolve the issue. Thank you for bearing with us while we escalated your case. Please let us know if you have any more comments, questions, or concerns.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
MrKupfer

I too have been receiving poor service, from 2 installation no-shows to Internet dropping out after installation, and incorrect charges.

Just to take one case, I was overbilled $5 for a late fee after Verizon failed to combine 2 old bills - starting a new more expensive service, ending an old plan with a large credit. They refused to combine the bills untill I called and then they charged me extra for their mistake. I called, was promised that the fee would be dropped and went to my online Verizon bill - the $5 late fee was still there.

The Verizon Help telephone staff, while friendly, do not know all that is going on, and can do little to help.

There's no one to email to review my history in writing.

Have you been helped since posting?

I'm thinking of switching providers. Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Has your issue been resolved, MrKupfer?

0 Likes