repeated no-shows for customer service and no recourse - waste of my time and money
zzlirp2016

in May16 I had a FIOS service interuption that turned out to be a broken fiber line outside. Was fixed in about 4 days with a temporary line from pole at street (about 150ft from road). Was told a team would be out to bury yhe line but there may be a delay due to a strike. Two months later I called and found out that there was no open ticket to perform the work. A ticket was openend, and a contractor came out to bury the line - first one that came out did not have the proper equipment, second time they completed burial and left the end of the buried line at the house - needs to be connected internally since my FIOS box is in the basement of the house. They told me someone else would be out to connect the line and then remove the temporary line. That was in July. Three more technicans were sent out but each was not the right flavor - not the right type to come into the house to make the connection. The ticket was closed with no resoltion. This happend between July and October. I started getting more pushy in late october since I don't want the line laying above ground once it starts snowing - a new ticket was opened about 4 weeks ago, and since then I have had 4 no-shows on an open ticket - Nov 4 no show, rescheduled for Nov 11 - no show - resched for Nov 13 - no-show, resched for today Nov 14th. No show. 

All of the scheduled appointments were for 4 hour windows up unitl the one on Nov 13 from 8-12. On the afternoon of Nov 13, I called Tech support again and got elevated again, and was told that they could schedule the appointment for Monday the 14th, but I would have to accept a 12 hour (8am to 8pm) window because that was now the minimum, no more 4 hour windows. I accepted and was assured that they would actually show up this time...

This afternoon at 4PM I checked the web site and saw that the ticket said the appointment was confirmed for 9pm... really - no one had called to arrange that with me, so I called tech support again and spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get a committment that someone would actually show up and was assured that they would be here tonight.

Guess what - another no-show.

I have wasted well over 30 hours of my time waiting for no-shows, and many hours on the phone getting through phone trees and trying to get the issue resolved. I work at home a fair amount or I would not have been able to be at home so often.

I am now done. I am calling xfinity to do an install after which I will terminate fios (I have been done my contract period for almost a year now). I have paid in over $8000 over the last several years to this account and that of my previous house, and I expect better service. I can't even reach a customer support help line when I call - the most effective route so far was to complain to billing, but still no end result.

Fios used to have the high-bandwidth market to itself in this area  - that is not the case any more - you need to treat your existing customers better.

0 Likes
Re: repeated no-shows for customer service and no recourse - waste of my time and money
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi zzlirp2016,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes