$500 Rebate-Invalid After Changing Number on Same Line and Same Phone
nicolerob2008
Enthusiast - Level 1

I activated an old iPhone 7 that we had on 04/18/2022. At that time, I went with a higher-priced plan to qualify for the $500 BYOD rebate. I contacted Verizon to see if changing the number on this phone to match our family's numbers would interfere with the rebate submission and was told "no." Then, on April 21st, I get a message that the rebate is invalid. I called a rep at Verizon who assured me they would submit a ticket and follow up with a call. By April 28th, I hadn't received anything, so I was told another ticket was created and that changing the number on the qualifying phone with the same IMEI would not invalidate the rebate. Now, it is May 4th, and I still haven't heard anything and my rebate is still "invalid." It seems like this is a common problem and seems like a bait-and-switch marketing tactic. 

0 Likes
Re: $500 Rebate-Invalid After Changing Number on Same Line and Same Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the rebate you qualify for is definitely important, and I am here to help you look into what is happening with your rebate so we can get you the rebate. Please send us a Private Message, so we can help. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes