BYOD $250 Mastercard Rebate Runaround
Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting the runaround with my Verizon BYOD $250 Mastercard rebate promotion that should have already been sent to me per attached terms and conditions. 

I have reached out directly to the rebate support line 844-408-8471, chat, 611, and Verizon's CS twitter account.  All of which have failed to resolve my inquiry.

Final straw is to see what Verizon will do to uphold its end of the rebate contract, otherwise Verizon can look forward to being exposed to significant liability for breach of contract.  Think I'm kidding?  Send the rebate to me or see what happens next.

rebatetc.pngrebatestatus.png

2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: BYOD $250 Mastercard Rebate Runaround
Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update. Good news! I received a notification from Verizon indicating that the rebate was approved and is in the process of being mailed. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We quite agree. Resolution won’t be achieved until you receive the $250.00 in gift cards you were promised. It’s upsetting that this process took so long already, and we’re still waiting on the final part: you receiving your cards. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

GeorgeS_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update. Good news! I received a notification from Verizon indicating that the rebate was approved and is in the process of being mailed. 

Thank you!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to read that the rebate has been approved. We're always here if you need us. We hope that you have a great day. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
lac302
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you tell me what you had to do to get it approved. I've been getting the run around for the holidayswitch $200 rebate. Met all of the eligibility requirements but keep getting different reasons for denial. Spent easily hours on chat and phone calls being bounced around between verizon wireless and the rebate center. Extremely irritated.

Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you haven't already, try sending a PM to the Verizon support on the forum. They were very responsive and looked into my situation.

I don't know what they did or how it happened, but it got approved a day later.

In my case, mine was stuck in "Pending" and never got denied. I would double-check everything on your submission and the rebate terms to make sure you qualified, knowing the denial reasons they are giving you.

Best of luck!

lac302
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do. This is the denial reason given:

Our records show this is not a new line of service or the new line was not activated within the eligible promotional dates. If you feel this is in error, please contact us.

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you working together with us. To clarify, has this issue been resolved yet?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not received the rebate in the mail yet. I wouldn't consider this issue "resolved" until I receive it.

The latest status says:

Valid: Mailing in progress
Status detail:
Good news. We are getting your reward ready for the mail
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We quite agree. Resolution won’t be achieved until you receive the $250.00 in gift cards you were promised. It’s upsetting that this process took so long already, and we’re still waiting on the final part: you receiving your cards. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes