BYOD $300
Rafat668
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I ported in 5 lines, 4 of which were BYOD. I have an unlimited plan but all of my lines were denied. I'm feeling like I got ripped off and am seriously considering canceling my service and going back to T-Mobile at this point if I don't get my credit. At least they honored their promotions.

Re: BYOD $300
Klozvn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was going to post exactly same issue.  I signed up for verizon last month mainly because of BYOD $300 with Start Unlimited.  After 3 weeks I got an email today that both of my lines were DENIED, the reason it said was I signed up for "Ineligible plan".  In fine prints it said you have to port in numbers with "SELECT UNLIMITED POST PAID PLAN".  It didn't specify which plans were eligible and which were not.  Verizon has a number of different plans, prepaid plans, limited data plans etc... HOW ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO KNOW 'START UNLIMITED IS NOT AN ELIGIBLE PLAN???? It IS unlimited AND Post paid plan. 

I also had been with T mobile  and at least they don't  try to deceive customers, like this.  Now I had to change to an higher plan and resubmitted the rebate, it is still within the valid period.  If they deny again for whatever reason, I am going back to T mobile, and I am done with Verizon.

Rafat668
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going to try changing and resubmitting, too. This is **Bleep**

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your frustration with that amount of value in the promotions, Rafat668. We'll be sending you a Private Message, so we can go into some details on this issue with you.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration Rafat668 and we don't want you to leave us. After changing the plan and resubmitting, let us know if you receive confirmation of the promotion being approved or denied. Please keep us posted. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
dallasbaby1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be a regularly re-occurring problem with this promotion. 

Verizon!  Give your customer service representatives a break!  Just honor your promotions.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Bring-Your-Own-Device/BYOD-Scam/m-p/1174628#M1656%2Fjump-to...

Rafat668
Enthusiast - Level 2

They denied it again because of a previous submission even though I have a private message saying it should be fine. I'm losing my patience with this. 

dustind900
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also can not get Verizon to honor any rebates. Not switch service or BYOD. I ported in 3 lines from at&t. 2 new devices and 1 BYOD. I received rebate codes from the Verizon chat rep, but I enter them confirm them, then check status and it says no requests. Verizon is a very shady/scammy company. Unlimited Data is always throttled and I do not live in a congested area and I have great signal. If I do not receive my rebates I am canceling and going to T-Mobile.

Rafat668
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got someone to help me escalate it. Still waiting on them to deny it again so I can leave. I'm fully expecting them not to honor it. The millisecond I get the denial I'm out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dustind900,

I'm definitely sorry you've had issues with your rebates. We value your loyalty and wouldn't want to see you go. How did you go about entering those rebate requests? What happened when you tried to submit that?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes