BYOD Promotion and iPhone 13 Pre-Order Question
thechosencheif

Could use some help here. Have spoken to two phone reps and was told two different things. Chatted through twitter and was told I needed to reach out to the rebate center. Called the rebate center and no one ever answered.

I ported 3 numbers from at&t (brought in device + numbers) on Septemer 1st, all signed up under the Play More Unlimited plan to take advantage of the $500 BYOD promotion. I submitted the rebates the same day the lines were brought in and currently awaiting approval of rebates.

I'm looking to upgrade 2 of these 3 phones to the new iphone 13 pro max and trade in the current phones under the iphone preorder deal going on to get extra trade in credit before the promo ends (supposedly today). Currently, the iphone 13 pro max (which I would be upgrading to for both lines) doesnt ship till Oct 22 at the earliest, which is about a week past the 45 days that are required to keep the device connected to the account to qualify for the byod promotion.

My question is, if I submit pre-orders today to upgrade but the new phones don't ship till late October, will that affect the qualification of the rebates? It's my understanding the phone has to be connected to the account for 45 days to qualify and you can't cancel the line within 12 months time. Neither of these terms would be broken and there's no way the new iPhone could be activated under the account within the 45 days, unless for some reason it ships to me earlier than estimated. 

0 Likes
Re: BYOD Promotion and iPhone 13 Pre-Order Question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there. To qualify for this promotion, the same IMEI from the eligible device must remain active on the line for 45 consecutive days from the activation date before we issue the Verizon eGift Card. Further, any device payment loan on the line during this time disqualifies you from the promotion, regardless of activation or not. That being said, upgrading the lines would cause you to be disqualified from the promotion, as the Device Payment Agreement would become active on your line(s). I hope this helps.

*Breanna

0 Likes
thechosencheif

Thanks for the reply - does the device payment become active when the order is placed or shortly before the order ships? In this case it would be a 3+ week difference.

Also, in the T&C of the BYOD promotion, it doesn't mention this. Is there a place to view the broad terms in conditions other than the language below that's included on the BYOD page.

Thank you for the help!

"$500 via Verizon e-gift card (sent w/in 8 wks). Port-in and activation of 4G LTE/5G phone on select Unlimited plans req’d. Line must remain active for 45 days. $500 charge back if service cancelled w/in 12 mos or eligibility req’s are no longer met. See vzw.com/bring-your-own-device for details. Promo Code: 2021BYOD500

0 Likes
ebchill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told by (now 3) Verizon reps that one of the eligibility requirement is to not start a new device payment plan w/in 12 months.

The tricky part is four other reps told me that I should not worry about upgrades after 45 days. However, they didn’t say anything specific about new device payment plans. I know that I can upgrade my phone if I pay the full price but this is not what I am asking.

It is totally reasonable if Verizon wants to prevent BYOD customers from double-dipping but I wish they were much more clear about it if this is their goal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ebchill-

I know how important it is to make sure you do not lose the BYOD promotion. As long as you keep the original phone active on your line for 45 days, you will not be penalized even if your device payment agreement shows active on your account. I hope this provides clarity.

Angie

0 Likes