BYOD eligibility requirements
randil49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where can I find the eligibility requirements for the $500 BYOD promotion? I can't find full requirements anywhere.

Can I buy a phone from Verizon on 3 year instalment plan and still be eligible for the $500 rebate?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BYOD eligibility requirements
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome! As long as you've had the same phone IMEI activated on the account for 45 consecutive days & the 45 days have passed you can pay for a different device outright and activate it on your Verizon account. You would need to contact Best Buy for promotional details regarding the promotion they're currently offering. 

-Kia

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your question! We're happy to help! Here's a link that offers general information about the program. https://www.verizon.com/support/bring-your-own-device-faqs/

For more specific details, or questions on the version of the promotion you are participating in, please send us a Private Note! We're here for you!

*Chance

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can also follow this link, and click on the little 'i' for information, to see specific terms. https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/

Look for the statement, 'Get a Verizon gift card of up to $500 per line on select 5G Unlimited plans.'

*Chance

0 Likes
randil49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Chance,

thanks for your reply. But the links you gave me do not have information I'm looking for. 

"Device must remain active for 45 days. Up to $500 charge back if service canceled w/in 12 mos or eligibility req’s are no longer met."

I want to know what are the eligibility requirements referred to in the above quote from the website.

Specifically, after 45 days of joining Verizon, 

i. can I upgrade my device, trade in my current phone to verizon, and pay for the new phone on an installment plan?

ii. can I upgrade my device, trade in my current phone to verizon, and pay for the new phone upfront?

iii. can I do the above options at a different retailer like Best Buy?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that clarification, Randil49. This will mean a ew things. The plan must remain on Do More, Play More, or Get More Unlimited plans for the 12 months. If the plan is changed to anything else during the 12 months, you will be charged back. In addition, the line can't be used for another gift card offer during the 12 month time. Changes to the device are allowed after the 45 days. Applying for another future promotion on the same line may not stack. However, since we don't know about future offers at this time, you would want to check in with us at any time you were considering applying for another promotion on the line during that 12 month period. Some offers do not stack, but we would be able to check for stackability before you attempted to apply for the future promotion. I hope this helps to explain.  The

- Henry

randil49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your quick answer. This is the what I am planning to do. Can you please tell me if I can buy a new device this way and still qualify for the $500 BYOD rebate?

I am planning to buy a Samsung phone from BestBuy (pay for it upfront).

1. BestBuy will give me $300 discount for activating the phone on Verizon in store.    

2. I will trade in my current phone to Bestbuy and get some credit towards the new phone I will buy.

link to phone and $300 off for activating on Verizon:

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 128GB (Unlocked) Phantom Black SM-S908UZKAXAA - Best Buy

link to trade-in offer details

Samsung Galaxy Trade-In - Best Buy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details, Randil49. That will not work. If you are purchasing it in the Best Buy store and they are activating it onto Verizon, it is going to transact as a new phone if they activate it for you. You will need to purchase it outright without any account being opened. Then in a separate transaction, after you have the phone, you can use our Bring Your Own Device portal. So you would need to confirm with them if they would still give you the $300 if you are just buying the phone outright and leaving without any service provider. Let us know if this helps. If they have a different option that will offer you some other benefit when not subscribing to any service, you may be able to go that route.

- Henry

randil49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Henry,

I'm sorry I did not make the situation clear to you and created a confusion. 🙂

I am already on Verizon. I moved to Verizon about 2 months ago and used the BYOD promo. I applied for the rebate and am waiting to get the gift cards for several lines.

My question is:  if I replace my current phone at BestBuy as I outlined in previous comment, Will I still maintain my eligibility to receive the BYOD gift card I already applied for? 

Thanks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randil49,

We want to make sure we're on the same page and you get everything you qualify for. THis promotion allows you to swap to a different phone after 45 days, but it doesn't allow you to do an actual upgrade for 12 months. That means you won't be able to buy the phone on device payments over time or tie the purchase to your account. You could however, as long as 45 days have passed, buy the phone outright from Best Buy at full price, paying for the phone fully up front, and then activate it on your Verizon account. That won't stop you from getting the promotion.

-Andrew

0 Likes
randil49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks a lot for the clarification Andrew. So I take it I can use the BestBuy promo with trade in without an issue as the promotion is not given by Verizon. 

I will trade in my current phone to Best buy, and activate the new phone at BestBuy and pay for the phone upfront. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes