Can send but not receive text messages on Motorola Edge
wildequusheart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought an unlocked Motorola Edge as a compromise as I'm hesitant to spend the full amount on the Edge Plus with all of the display issues being reported. When I put in my SIM card, I can make calls and send texts (I have been able to confirm that the texts are going through), but I am unable to receive texts. I did all of the troubleshooting that I can find online, including restarting the phone and a factory reset. When I take the SIM card out and put it into a Verizon phone, the text messages come through. I also verified on the Verizon website through a link on another community message board that the phone should be compatible. What do I need to do to get this final function of the phone working for me?

Re: Can send but not receive text messages on Motorola Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of geting your messages and we would love to help get this working. Are you using the native Messages app or a 3rd party application for the texts? What type of phoine did you have activated before or is this a new line? 

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
DGNashville
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Purchased an Edge through Motorola directly and changed over the SIM card. Calls & everything else is working except texts are going to the old phone. I can send them, but not receive them. Have tried turning off the old phone for 24 hours + and still has not updated. I'm using the Messages+ app that was on my LG on the Edge, so it's the same. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need, DGNashville. How was your new device activated? Through the device, online, over the phone? Please send us a Private Note for account specific support. 

0 Likes
Brogdontr
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon customers need their SIMs provisioned with the Verizon network to use the motorola edge.

If you activated your device with a new line, Verizon should have correctly provisioned your motorola edge at that time.

Verizon customers activating this device on an existing line must ensure the CDMA-Less feature is activated in the account, by doing one of the following :

1 - Call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204

2 - Visit a local Verizon store
0 Likes
Brogdontr
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon customers need their SIMs provisioned with the Verizon network to use the motorola edge.

If you activated your device with a new line, Verizon should have correctly provisioned your motorola edge at that time.

Verizon customers activating this device on an existing line must ensure the CDMA-Less feature is activated in the account, by doing one of the following :

1 - Call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204

2 - Visit a local Verizon store
Jsimps

I am having the exact same issue! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsimps

We never want you to miss any of your messages. I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of getting this problem fixed right away. Was this a phone purchased directly through Motorola? Are all of your apps and phone up to date on their software? have you tried using another messaging application?

0 Likes
Jsimps

Yes I purchased the motorola edge directly from motorola. I am transferring from a moto Z play droid that was a verizon store purchase a long time ago. Apps and phone on both old and new phone are up to date. I did try to use both message + as well messages. Everything on the new phone is completely functional and transferred over except for receiving text messages.

0 Likes
spalto

Same problem here. I just purchased an Edge from Motorola, now I can receive calls, but no texts or notifications.

0 Likes