Motorola Edge Compatibility
J223S
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the Motorola Edge and cannot receive any text messages. I would to like to confirm if Verizon is compatible with this phone. 

Re: Motorola Edge Compatibility
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, J223S. We would like to work with you on this. We are sending you a Private Note now. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
bilson220
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced the same issue. When is Verizon going to officially support the Edge??

Motorola customer service claims "phone is tested and fully compatible to work on this network." ...

However, clearly that is not the case as similar to OP, I cannot receive text messages. Additionally, Verizon is not accepting the IMEI number.

What gives? Why are Verizon & Motorola providing conflicting information? Who is right? Will this phone ever be supported by Verizon or will I continue to get the runaround every time I ask?

0 Likes
Erickirkland

Hi,

Can you help me also? I have the same issue and cannot receive text messages on my Edge even though everything else is functional.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel this way. We want to help in any way that we can bilson220. We will need to take a closer look, I have sent you a Private Message to continue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel as if you are getting the run around. Here is a link you can use to check if a device is compatible with our network https://vz.to/2u2WhXF

Keep in mind that  carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network). So in short, even if a device is compatible with our network does not mean it will function like one that was specifically made for our network. 

0 Likes
Erickirkland

Can you help me too? The phone is advertised as being fully compatible with Verizon but I cannot receive text messages. I will have to return the phone if you don't help.

0 Likes
bilson220
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll preface my message acknowledging the fact that this is probably a Motorola issue; however, Verizon is most likely involved on some level.

Please understand that what is frustrating is that the phone was sold as "fully compatible" with Verizon as per Motorola's website https://www.motorola.com/us/carrier-compatibility

As a consumer, this indicates to me that Motorola  and Verizon have both come to an agreement to certify and support the device. Given that the Motorola Edge+ is a Verizon exclusive - I don't think it's too far off to assume that the Edge variant would at least be compatible with Verizon.

Now I understand that Motorola may not have completed the certification process, or some other process hasn't been completed that is preventing Verizon from officially supporting the device.
But... this is extremely frustrating as a consumer who is just left sitting in the dark!!

We need answers. Motorola isn't providing any - which is why I, like others here, are asking if Verizon has any answers. 

Ultimately I believe it is Motorola's responsibility to provide answers for this situation as they sold the device under false pretenses - but at this rate I'll take any additional info I can get..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Erickirkland, we are here for support, and happy to look into your device compatibility concerns. Please send us a Private Note.

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand where you are coming from and we want to be able to help in the best way. Are you able to call, send text and use data? Which text app are you using? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes