Rebate issues 2021
Jao391

I switched three lines under the bring your own device rebate promotion. There was an issue with my initial rebate submission I contacted Verizon they told me to resubmit, when I did I was told that I was past the time frame for submission, I have now spent countless hours on the phone and chat support being bounced back-and-forth between customer service and the rebate center to be told that I am not receiving my rebates. I never would’ve made the switch as I had originally bought my phones just a month or two before I made the switch and forfeited my rebate through T-Mobile to move to Verizon I am now out over $1000 and no matter who I call I am either hung up on or transferred to a department that doesn’t allow me to speak to somebody . This feels like a complete bait and switch and I have no recourse to receive the rebates that I should have gotten as part of the original agreed-upon promotion .

0 Likes
Re: Rebate issues 2021
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Jao391. We are happy to have you and appreciate your efforts to apply for the rebate. I share your concerns about receiving the rebates and I want to ensure that we're able to do everything that we can, but if you applied for the submission beyond the deadline, we would not longer be able to finalize the rebate on your account. -Lorenzo

0 Likes
Jao391

I originally applied the same week we signed up for the plan. A few weeks later When I went to check the status and saw nothing , I called . They then told me to resubmit, at that point I received a message that it was too late. Then I starting calling and was told originally that they would take care of it. When that did not happen I called again and again being told many different things by many different departments, some said they could fix, some transferred me, some hung up on me. One day I was on chat for over 6 hours to be hung up on by a rebate center rep. I signed up for the plans and submitted as told to originally, from my end I did the right things. Now it’s Verizon’s turn to honor their commitment. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to claim your rebate and get the full value with the cards is important, Jao391. We'd be glad to help look into things with this further. To do so, please send us a Private Message. *Zaak

0 Likes
Jao391

How can I send a PM?

0 Likes
Rebate issues 2021
DanielR12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Verizon, 

I have submitted 2 rebates. I uploaded the rebate information that was required and in the time frame to submit.   I reviewed and the rebate center for both rebates and it came back as ""Invalid - The line associated with this rebate requires an eligible device transaction" for both.  I called Verizon customer service, after waiting for hours on hold, the representative told me that it was an error on their end and the rebates would be processed.  I trusted the representative.  Now, I reviewed my rebate and it still shows "Invalid - The line associated with this rebate requires an eligible device transaction."  I purchased 2 new phone and traded in two older phone.   What is an eligible device transaction?  How was I eligible for the rebate when I ordered the phone and now invalid? What happened? 

0 Likes
Msu1965

im having a issue for the switch 21   1000 dollar rebate that when i send my last bill in from tmobile you cant read ir  irs all blurry  ive trie everything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This issue has gone on for far too long.  Let's get it resolved ASAP so that you can get your Rebates.  A private message is being sent to now for further assistance.-Sean

0 Likes
CE10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem when I first started with Verizon and it took months to finally get my rebates. 

However, in December I purchased an Apple Watch from Apple and did all of the instructions correctly to get my $100 rebate from Verizon.  I have yet to get it and have played a game with them including missed called back appointments; switching me from department to department for days on end; telling me that they have it all handled and just wait 7 to 10 days; telling me it is now too late; and on and on.

I am an accountant and I know that when companies like Verizon offer rebates, they must post the liability to their financial statements.  They have actuaries come in and make estimates about how many people will actually get the rebates based on a lot of information.  Verizon benefits in the present and the future if they can keep more people from getting the rebates they offer.  This is what is happening.  If they make it too hard for us to get the rebates, they think we will give up.  If the actual 30 days expires, they have more facts to fight with.

Verizon is famous for this.  

Until it hurts them financially enough, they will continue to do the same things.  The only thing that will stop Verizon doing this is to lose money and it would have to be a lot.  A few people like you and me are nothing to Verizon and they certainly make that known.

Wish I could be more encouraging.  I am in the process of moving my cell service.  Unfortunately, unlike AT&T, they only give their credits for purchasing new equipment monthly and if you leave before you receive your 24 months of credits, you lose them.  I would rather lose them than stay with a company that you cannot even get on the phone.

0 Likes
CE10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep; that is what Verizon does.  Doesn’t return your phone appointments; gives you a message that you cannot apply for that particular rebate online and must call; makes it impossible to contact the company with wait times greater than 1.5 hours and then automatically ending the call.  On and on and on…………

0 Likes