Rebate not working and horrible customer support
mikeciccarelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've spent 4+ hours trying to use my 3 rebate/gift cards from recently switching on 1 order. This has to be some of the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I am going to switch at this point. I'm only putting this here as a warning to other potential customers. If you try to use 3 cards on 1 purchase it will not work (ie: trying to buy an iphone 13 using 3 gift cards from verizon). 1 customer support rep actually put me on hold and never came back.. no I wasn't disconnected either (and if I was they can call back, guess what, never got a call back).

"We understand your concern" "Sorry to hear the issue" "no I can't do anything about that".. rinse and repeat.

Again, please see this as a warning. I'm honestly surprised from the lack of ability to get something done by such a large corp.

0 Likes
Re: Rebate not working and horrible customer support
mama23dogs
Legend

I find processing new phone purchases with rebate/prepaid debit cards will work a whole lot better in a corporate store rather than trying to do it online or with phone support.

0 Likes
mikeciccarelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

fair point but every time you read anything with verizon it's "Do it online to save" or "use the automated system to get it done quicker"... I don't even know if the gift cards are accepted in the retail stores.. If I try to call the retail store I get forwarded to the main verizon office so I can't even call ahead to find out. (And I don't dare even trust what the phone or online people say).

My main issue is, I've gotten so many canned responses but nothing actually ever gets fixed. Stop blowing smoke and just get the order completed successfully. I've had it cancelled twice and they simply don't do anything different and expect it to work the 2nd or 3rd time.. I believe the sales people KNOW what the issue is but they simply don't care and want me off the phone to make another sale.

I'm going to be checking out Cricket or Tmobile.. it seems like from what I've read tmobile coverage isn't as bad as it has been in the past.

0 Likes
mikeciccarelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

last ditch effort went to store.

"We can't use gift cards like that. I only suggest you pay the bill with it and not try to buy a phone".

So yeah.. I don't want to use the cards for bills.. I wanted to buy a phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Hmmm. Corporate store or authorized retailer?  Because the card details say they can be used at corporate stores, not authorized retailers 

1EE9D82D-18E6-4829-842D-2A581D1E7198.jpeg

0 Likes
mikeciccarelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

Correct, I reread that before going.. It was an actual verizon store with verizon employees. I even scheduled the time online so I didn't need to wait via the verizon website.

At least the dude was honest with me.. He said they DO use the gift cards but basically you can't "Stack" them or use them more than 1 at a time. As soon as you go past the amount of the gift card the transaction WILL fail and there is nothing they can supposedly do about it. Meaning I could use it to buy a $350 (or less) dollar phone but that's it.

To me it seems like their way to limit the usage of the rebates but still seems somewhat shady.

I'm on fence at this point. tmobile = $120 a month for the same thing I'm paying 140 (with the whole stupid fios+mobile verizon go stuff, ie: I'm giving them permission to share what sites I go to, etc).

Basically I could get 5 months free if I stick with verizon and their shady selling of my info, etc.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help you on a personal level specific to your needs mikeciccarelli and we never want you feeling like you are getting Canned Responses.  You can indeed use our Gift Cards as our Retail stores thankfully.  Here is more information:

https://www.verizon.com/support/gift-card-faqs/

Does this help?-Sean

0 Likes