Rebate scam!
MCAnderson9395
Enthusiast - Level 1

Upon switching to Verizon with two iPhones, we were promised two rebates (switch to Verizon and byod) $150 e-gift card per line per rebate. So $600 total after both rebates for both lines. The first rebate (switch to Verizon) came back as invalid. I immediately contacted Verizon sales team as the representative applied for the rebates for us. The sales team was supposed to restart the rebate so we could properly do it again assuming the first representative did it wrong. Never got the email he assured me that I’d receive in 7-10 days. So I contacted the sales team back, this was the third time that I was told we qualified for both rebates. The third representative went ahead and applied a $150 credit to our bill for two months upon approval. I’m still waiting for that to be approved. Then the next day I get an email that the byod rebate is also invalid for not being completed at a participating location? How does that even make sense , especially when three representatives told us we qualify for both rebates. And we were reassured when expressing our concerns that Verizon would get this figured out and we would get both rebates. I am annoyed and feel lied to as this was one reason we switched, it covered all of the activation and upgrade fees, and the money used to purchase the SIM cards. I still have not gotten all of this resolved. The rebates just seem like a scam to get people to join Verizon and upon researching this seems like an issue a lot of people have!

Re: Rebate scam!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to hear you joined the Verizon Wireless, MCAnderson9395. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available promotions. I'm sorry for this experience, and we can certainly get a second opinion on this situation. I sent you a Private Note so we can get additional information and continue working on this together.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
JackWibbe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar problem. Wanted to use my rebates for the phone they forced me to buy, answer's no.
They promised me I could use the rebates for my Verizon bills. Several phone calls later, one of them an hour and a half, answer's still no.
Verizon rebates are a scam: they're imaginary money.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get every promotion you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
MrRooster12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sign me up for the class action lawsuit! I’m so angry right now I could spit nails and sh?t thunderbolts. What a joke! I’m in the same boat.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can, MrRooster12! Can you please send us a private message to better assist you? 

0 Likes
Ericamart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue as well. I truly believe it was all a complete lie and scam. Have contacted Verizon multiple times with no follow up  or resolution. I am done with Verizon. They lie and confuse. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the rebate Ericamart. We know saving every bit helps. Just to confirm, what kind of rebate was this for (new line of service, bring your own device, new phone)? Also, how long ago was the purchase?-Alex

0 Likes
Re: Rebate s c a m!
cookiebabymedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

$1200 worth of rebates they are refusing to give me. They told me I would get an email after I switched. The email never came. I tried asking about it but was told to just wait for the email. After the window had closed, I was basically told that it would be escalated, but every time people claim they will get back to me, they don't. Finally spoke to someone today who offered me $600 and said if I don't take it, I probably won't get anything. I didn't take it and am waiting on a call back from HER supervisor. Switched 3 months ago. Counting down til my 2 year contract is up. This is complete B S. 

Re: Rebate s c a m!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cookiebabymedic, we understand how frustrating it would be waiting on rebates. When did you submit for the rebate redemption here→ https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ ? *Bee

0 Likes