Samsung A71 4G on verizon?
Ernie_

Can any of these factory unlocked GSM Latin American/international/whatever they really are A71 4G phones work on verizon, and if so, what kind of crazy hoops and or additional expenses do we have to jump through to get it to work?  Like -

- Will tech coach still be able to help me

- Would our package insurance (four lines, one package, which includes tech coach) still cover me?

The upgrade path only offers the 5G model, 5G frequencies cause me health problems, not to mention the mental problems of having to hemmorrage another $250 for technology I can't use. (in addition to brain fog and flu like symptoms from 5G, I live in a rural-ish area that won't get 5G in the next ten years - a lot of the county is still on dial up or satellite for home internet!, forget fios or fiber, it won't happen here in my lifetime I don't believe).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around all this and still have a covered phone that performs well (love that 64Megapixel camera, SD730 and 6gb ram) and doesn't cost $650?  I know the A51 is an option, can get it through costco for $10 a month, but it has less camera, less ram, and slower processor, argh.  If you have to give me some hard(ware) truth, this old ex-technophile will deal with it, but...

Thanks, E.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung A71 4G on verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ernie_, it sounds like you are ready to do some shopping and looking for something very specific. The good news is that many devices from numerous carriers do now work on our network. When making a purchase outside of Verizon, we simply suggest that you do check the device compatibility first, at https://www.verizon.com/onedp/byod?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D58675831554770387501826366444211166611%7CMCORGID... When bringing your device you are still welcome to use Tech Coach for services however, insurance would not be available for the line unless the insurance carrier does offer a special enrollment that allows Bring Your Own Device equipment. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes