VERIZON BYOD IS FRAUD
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was defrauded by Verizon! They advertised BYOD , whereby you bring your device and get each line for $30.00 (I transferred a total of 6 lines). My first bill was for $507.00. I filed complaint with BBB and received full credit (they refunded all charges, activation fee and over-inflated monthly fee, in hopes I would forgive their error and stay with Verizon).

Now, I just received my second bill for.... $351.11! Now, they are charging me $64.34 for each line! This is a fraud! Report these scoundrels everywhere, take your devices and run! This company is full of it!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON BYOD IS FRAUD
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I request immediate response 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to know what's going on with your bill. We'd like to take a look at it. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to send you a private message. Post a link or provide instructions. 

0 Likes
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is asking me to send them a private message. Here is what I get when I type private message and click on "send":

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

0 Likes
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Below is excerpt from my first complaint filed with BBB in October:

Good morning ************,

I am Mrs. **************'s spouse. On Sunday, October 24th, I spoke with Amy B*** at Verizon. I told her about the issues we had even before our account was activated and asked her to just cancel it. Amy stated that our per-line activation fee was already waived, and she would also waive first months charges, thus bringing total due (the amount of first bill) to $0.00, if we agreed to stay with Verizon. See copy of the email received from Amy Best below. I am copying Amy in this email. 

1. Today, we received an email notification from Verizon that our first bill (due on November 16th, 2021) would be $506.

Please itemize the charges and explain why we received a bill for $506 if all the fees and first months' charges were waived?

2. Please also advise if the $350 BYOD 2021 Rebates for each line (printed by Verizon for Order # 6667969 on 10/22/2021 @ 03:02 UTC) is a VALID rebate that we can claim and receive a gift card for, or is it just another advertisement gimmick without intrinsic value?

3. Finally, please explain: why the line with 240-xxx-xx-xx is enrolled in "Play More Unlimited" for $50.00, when my spouse clearly stated that she wanted to enroll in "START UNLIMITED" for $30.00/Mo for all six (6) lines?

=========================================================

Today, we received another fraudulent bill, for #351.11, with $34.00 EXTRA charged on EACH of the SIX (6) lines!!! Haven't received ANY of the BYOD rebates YET!!! STOP  FRAUD AT VERIZON !!!!
0 Likes
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have posted about the BYOD FRAUD, how Verizon DEFRAUDED us by promising $350.00 BYOD rebate for switching from Sprint to Verizon, and never made good of it. 

After I complained on this page someone from Verizon asked to send them a private message. I was finally able to send a message. And here is what happened: after you send them a private message, they reply with a link and ask you to authenticate yourself.  Once you follow the link (it asks you to log in to your account), you wait about 10 minutes for someone to say how sorry they are that you feel the way you do and then they sum it up with  "thank you for your patience!". That's the last you will hear from them. From there it will be indefinite silence (waited 45 minutes). They are defrauding with such impudence that they will add insult to injury, by asking you to follow the link to a private chat where they have no intention to talk and address your issues. Verizon BYOD is a TOTAL FRAUD. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please know we are anxious to help. I am sorry for any delays. Please return to our secure chat so that we can assist further. Thanks in advance. -Rosie

0 Likes
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another 45  minutes wasted in "private chat", with someone saying "We are so sorry for your experience" and promising to "look into it". Then 40 minutes of silence, before I gave up and closed my browser in frustration. BYOD $350 Rebate appears to a deliberate fraud perpetrated by Verizon, with no intention to address the issue. 

0 Likes
Frederic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never received any assistance from the BYOD community. I have wasted hours, following the links and waiting for someone to respond, only to get another "please follow a link message and apologies for how I "feel" (as if BYOD rebate they pledged has anything to do with my feelings).

So, I filed BBB complaint and was contacted by their executive office. I will update everyone how it goes. 

0 Likes