What an absolutely frustrating experience
mckjim66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been trying to swap out an old 3g phone, for a new iPhone that I purchased (BYOD).

First, I couldn't order a sim card online.   I was directed to call support/sales and order one online.

Once the sim arrived, I couldn't active the phone online, I had to call support.  I was told that the "back-end" was having trouble changing the line from having a 3g phone to an iPhone.  This was after 20 minutes being on the call, and providing all of the same information (imei, icc) to the operator that I entered online.  When I stated that this process was more difficult than it should be, the operator agreed and said "this has never happened before."  - which, I don't believe for a moment.  

The operator couldn't get the iPhone to be active on the account, so he asked if he could call me back (within an hour) when he was able to get the "back-end" to recognize the new phone.  He confirmed the phone number to call me back on.

Fast forward an hour, and I have yet to be called back.  I get a telephone call from my son (who is on the account) and he tells me that he received 5 calls from "Tri County Communications" and that he told the operator he had no idea why he was calling.  The operator was rude to my son.  

The operator called the wrong number.

I have yet to receive a call from the operator.

What a lovely service that I'm paying for.

0 Likes
Re: What an absolutely frustrating experience
WashingtonWill12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your plan will need to be adjusted and you can get a sim from a local corporate store. They may be able to help in person. Do not go to a third party owned one.

0 Likes
Re: What an absolutely frustrating experience
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We're so sorry to hear of this experience. You should always receive topnotch support from us, no matter the platform. We would love the opportunity to turn this around for you. What kind of iPhone do you have? Have you been able to get it activated yet?

0 Likes