Erratic SCh-LC11 performance
tohowalk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Samsung SCH-LC11 for six weeks now, and the performance seems to be getting worse. I am running WIN764, 3G area, Firefox browser. I am often getting timeout errors while trying to connect to a webpage - server not found, connection timed out, and such. Most of the time one or two clicks of the reload button brings up the webpage - so why the failures?

I have also begun experiencing random disconnections between various computers and the wifi unit itself - others will continue to work fine.

Finally, I am getting more frequent random dropping of the internet connection itself. Sometimes it's as if the device has just disconnected the cellular link, other times the unit will perform a complete reset for no apparent reason.

I welcome any suggestions the community can offer!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Erratic SCh-LC11 performance
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your device. It sounds like quite a few things are going on. You said this is happening on several different computers, so it doesn't seem to be any settings in the computer causing this. Have you tried resetting the device by pressing the reset button under the battery door? Here are the steps. Also, try deleting the connection from the computer and re-adding again. 

Let us know if those steps help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fx24

Ditto.   My SCH-LC11 also performs very erractic in 4G.   It is okay in 3G, but in 4G, I constantly lose the connection or get "cannot load page" errors.   I so so wish there was a switch to force it to 3G mode when the 4G network is so poor.   The device also powers-down intermittantly. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your device. It sounds like quite a few things are going on. You said this is happening on several different computers, so it doesn't seem to be any settings in the computer causing this. Have you tried resetting the device by pressing the reset button under the battery door? Here are the steps. Also, try deleting the connection from the computer and re-adding again. 

0 Likes
XsiveIdling

In regards to the 4g to 3g handoff and vice versa...if you do a google search you'll find that verizon has issues with this.  Its nothing wrong with your computers settings or the settings of your hotspot. I too have the samsung hotspot and live on a fringe 4g area (where as to if I put my 4g hotspot on window sill I get 4g...move it a foot another direction I don't).  Every time I go from 4g down to 3g I can and usually do experience 'can not load page' errors because the hotspot dropped from 4g to 3g.  My laptop connects fine to the hotspot...so the internal network is fine....its the hotspot to verizon that is the issue. 

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

I had a similar problem a few days ago. Resetting the LC11 fixed it. Thanks, Marquia, for confirming this as an approach.

0 Likes
Rudy711

Why do Verizon's employees keep marking this issues as solved?  They have merely suggested a cause which often times seems to be bad advice.  The customer has not verified with Verizon that the problem was actually solved.  This is really misleading.  None of the issues I opened marked as solved seem to really have been solved.  It seems like Verizon is more intersted in ignoring the problems than fixing them. 

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

I spoke too soon; my LC11 is very frustrating and I'm considering dumping it even if it costs me an ETF. The battery never charges to 100% (and its the 3rd battery), it keeps dropping connections, or ceases transferring data even though it shows connected, it doesn't hand off reliably when traveling. In addition to 2 battery changes and one device swap (which Verizon screwed up handling the exchange) and an upgrade to the latest firmware the problems remain.

0 Likes