Jetpack 7730L latest firmware 3A issues
TIPWOO98

Has anyone had issues with the latest 7730L firmware update (3A)?  The jetpack keeps rebooting after the update and I have lost the ability to tether it through my Mikrotik router USB port.  Pre-update the jetpack worked great and I was able to use it with the Mikrotik router.  When plugged into my router, it would create an interface that I could route through.  Since the update, I can see that the usb port recognizes that the 7730L is plugged in, but it will no longer create an interface.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 7730L latest firmware 3A issues
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Does USB tethering work on other PCs?

If so then perhaps the folks at Mikrotech can provide a firmware update to match the changes from the Jetpack update. 

If not then perhaps VZW can send you a replacement Jetpack under your remaining warranty.  you could argue that the firmware update broke the feature even if you are out of warranty.  Firmware related problems and failures can often get support even after the support contract has ended when you ask nicely.

It is not possible to downgrade firmware on Jetpacks as far as I know.  Meaning your only option to go back would be to acquire an older Jetpack that has not taken the new update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is for your Jetpack to work as it had been working, prior to the update, TIPWOO98An update should absolutely not make it malfunction. 

Can you tell me when you did the update? I recommend starting with disconnecting the device, and powering it off completely, for about 5-minutes. If the issues continue, you can try a Hard Reset, and then test again. Here are the steps to do so: 

http://vz.to/2sjhbyE

Please keep us posted. 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
TIPWOO98

I have already done a Factory Reset from the UI with no change in behavior.  I will try a Hard Reset by pressing the button and see if it is any different.

Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version that was working? 

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tipwoo98, 

Thanks for the updated information and your hard work thus far in an effort to resolve this issue. My apologies, once a device has completed a software update, the previous device software version is no longer available on the device. Please keep us posted with the results of your factory reset using the reset button. We want to ensure that your issue has been resolved. 

Thanks, 

Pamela_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pamela, I have a different issue with the 3A Firmware update and need advice. I did not ask for the update to be installed. Around the 1st of July 2018, It happened on its own. After the update, I have absolutely NO SERVICE at all. I troubleshot the device as well. and with no success. So I actually bought another device. It came with Version 1 firmware. Installed my SIM and worked perfectly. they within 15 minutes, it once again popped up with "a new firmware version is available. Install now, or later?" I said later and was told at the next power cycle it would automatically update. And it did just that. So I am now in version 2. I yanked out the battery and came here to ask how to STOP THE UPDATES FROM AUTOMATICALLY HAPPENING? I  do NOT want version 3A on the new device! PLEASE TELL ME INSTRUCTIONS TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OF THE UPDATE.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't stop the updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for you short but quick reply. Surely there must be a way. This is the first device i have ever had that automatically updated against your will. I will wait on a Verizon Support person, Re: Jetpack 7730L latest firmware 3A issues to verify your reply before I simply give up.

How about any Verizon Support person... vzw_customer_support  Can you give a little light on this auto update issue I am having?

Thanks again... Ann154

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robmil3617, your Verizon representative is here. Ann154 is correct. We do not have a way to stop the updates from happening on your device. So in this instance, we would suggest to put the device back together and allow the update to continue. However if it gives you an option to install update later again, we would suggest to do that option, as long as you can. 

Takendra_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jrolson85

Same here, since the firmware update my jetpack reboots on it's own.

Most likely a reboot from a software crash...

0 Likes