Samsung 4g LTE Hotspot PPTP VPN Problem
coold8

Hi all,

Can't get access to PPTP VPN on my SCH-LC11.  I enabled VPN passthrough in the SCH-LC11 Firewall, and it still isn't working.  Any suggestions?

Oh by the way, using Mac OS X 10.7, and have 5 different VPNs configured that work everywhere else.

Thanks.

-Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung 4g LTE Hotspot PPTP VPN Problem
prius4j
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally found the complete manual on the verizon site:  http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5636&m=

I logged into to the manager and noticed that VPN is not enabled with the factory setting.  You need to log into 192.168.1.1 and activate it.  I hope this helps all of you needing this feature.

Jan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dboreham

Just posting to say that I have the same problem (PPTP VPN from Windows7 to our Windows Server worked fine with MiFi but fails to complete the connection now using Samsung LTE hotspot device). This happens regardless of whether the network is LTE or 3G. I haven't yet had a chance to packet trace to see what Verizon is filtering/corrupting in the traffic. Very annoying though because I picked up the LTE device yesterday to replace my broken MiFi, headed off on a business trip today only to find that my VPN no work..

0 Likes
andrew918
Same problem here as well. VPN connections worked fine on my previous Novatel Mifi. Not happy.
0 Likes
mikepol

I too am having the same issue.  I called Verizon, and they said it is the fault of our VPN.  This isn't the case, as I'm able to attach to the VPN from every connection I have tried (LAN or wifi at hotels around the country work fine, as does my home wifi network).  But when I connect to my new 4g mifi, I am not able to connect.

The problem is not on our server end, as our server is not even receiving the user and password request.  Our IT guy believes Verizon is filtering the information before making it there.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
GeorgianMcCoy

I also am having the same issues.  Verizon is working to provide a static IP solution so that Microsoft VPN will work.  Timeline isn't set however.

I did recently purcfhase the Thunderbolt, and I'm using it as a hotspot also.  The speeds are the same, and I AM ABLE TO VPN WITH THE THUNDERBOLT, which is mighty strange since both devices behave similarly.  They are both hotspots, but the HTC Thunderbolt is not blocking the VPN.

Hope VZW give us a fix soon, since it looks like we all baught this new gimicky device for business use.  It's fast, but we need a solution quick, not to mention they need to fix the bugs.

0 Likes
wbrownie

Spoke to customer support last night.  There were very helpful but unfortunately there is not definite timeframe for this to get fixed.  They are aware of the problem and have been for a while.

They did indicate that static IPs would be avaiable sometime in May.  This may help some who can use static IP instead of VPN.

Unfortunately looks like i'll have to send mine back until they have a fix for the VPN.   Speed is awesome but I need the VPN.

Back to Sprint.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

I realize it doesn't help you, but for others concerned about the Samsung and VPN in general I have successfully ested it with Cisco VPN.

0 Likes
Jim-In-CA

I was using Verizon 3g usb modem with Cisco VPN Client. Then I upgraded to 4G USB modem and the VPN would not work. It would work with WiFi but not on the 4g network.

Contacted Verizon support and Cisco support. Verizon support was no help just said it was a VPN problem. Cisco has a newer VPN Clint called Any Connect. I installed it and it worked.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

wbrownie wrote:

Spoke to customer support last night.  There were very helpful but unfortunately there is not definite timeframe for this to get fixed.  They are aware of the problem and have been for a while.

They did indicate that static IPs would be avaiable sometime in May.  This may help some who can use static IP instead of VPN.

Unfortunately looks like i'll have to send mine back until they have a fix for the VPN.   Speed is awesome but I need the VPN.

Back to Sprint.

I don't know if it fixes your problem, but there was a firmware update released today on the Samsung web site. I don't know if Verizon will be pushing it or not.

0 Likes
prius4j
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally found the complete manual on the verizon site:  http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5636&m=

I logged into to the manager and noticed that VPN is not enabled with the factory setting.  You need to log into 192.168.1.1 and activate it.  I hope this helps all of you needing this feature.

Jan

0 Likes