Ability to scroll further back in thread when replying.....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

There are times when I'm replying to a reply in a thread.  With the reply window open I can only see the single message I'm replying to.

It would be helpful to be able to scroll back more than one post since I may be answering one  or more earlier posts in addition to the one I clicked reply to.

I hope that makes sense.

Re: Ability to scroll further back in thread when replying.....
Justin46
Legend

Yes, I agree with you, it would be nice to be able to do that. And many other forums do provide that ability. What I do when I need to go back further is simply open the forums in another tab in the browser and find the same thread I am working on in that tab, not quite as easy to use, but works.

Keller, TX 76248

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I do the same thing...open the thread in another tab, or even another browser.  But it sure would be easier to be able to just scroll further up or down.

And yep, I think this is the only forum I frequent where more of a thread being replied to isn't visible.   None of my suggestions have ever been implemented.  Maybe this one will be the charm.  Smiley Surprised

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll bring this up to the development team to see what can be done.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

After bringing this to the attention of the dev team, it's not doable at this time.

However, you can enter it as an idea in the Idea Exchange for the Verizon admins to request as a feature in future releases of the software within the customer portal.  Smiley Wink

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Thanks for the try KaLin.  I don't think I'll both posting anywhere else.  It's been a waste of time for me in the past.  Smiley Sad

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For what it's worth, I find the "View discussion in a popup" link very helpful. It opens the thread in another tab/window. When replying, it's below the Attachments section, just before the post you're replying to. It's less work than trying to find the thread again.

Justin46
Legend

@somegirl wrote:

For what it's worth, I find the "View discussion in a popup" link very helpful. It opens the thread in another tab/window. When replying, it's below the Attachments section, just before the post you're replying to. It's less work than trying to find the thread again.

Well I'll be darned! Great info, thanks for posting, much more efficient way to see the entire thread, never seen that link, now I just have to remember that it is there ..... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I never used that popup link either.  Maybe it's a good enough alternative to being able to scroll back.

Thanks somegirl.

0 Likes