Add reminder to search before posting
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Add a statement on the front page that reminds people to search to see if their issue has already been reported.

Especially if comes to ading a new channel. If it helps cut the duplicate requests by even 10%, that would be great.

Either that, or have some place to easily look up and link to channel requests so people can add their votes.

Labels (1)
Re: Add reminder to search before posting
Justin46
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Add a statement on the front page that reminds people to search to see if their issue has already been reported.

Especially if comes to ading a new channel. If it helps cut the duplicate requests by even 10%, that would be great.

Either that, or have some place to easily look up and link to channel requests so people can add their votes.

I agree with you one gazillion percent...... Smiley Very Happy But you don't see this on the page after you log in?

I do see that announcement, not as good as it should be, but better than nothing (and apparently ignored by 99.9999% of the posters).

Not only the channel requests but topics like the Guide format, colors, etc, the possible loss of the Fox channels in certain markets, etc. New threads over and over and over......

I have suggested that the website be changed to require the entry of at least one keyword when creating a new thread, and that the system automatically search on the keyword(s) and provide a list of topics based on the keyword(s) before allowing the actual creation of the new thread. It would slow things down a little when creating a thread, but I really think something like that is needed to reduce the creation of so many threads on the same topic. Just look in the email area right now for example, it appears almost nobody bothers to even look at what is already there (even posted the same day) before they post their complaint about the new SSL option not working (which it does).

Keller, TX 76248 

Re: Add reminder to search before posting
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't see the page because I go straight to forum. Only log in if I want to post a reply (something else I had posted earlier about keeping logged in to forum).

Interesting comment about keyword search. Was just recently on a forum that did that. When you entered title, it would give a search and ask you if one of the results met your needs.