Additional privacy options....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I don't understand why it's necessary for anyone to see how many minutes I've been online, how many times I've logged in, or how many messages I've read.  All that info is displayed by simply rolling over a user's name.

How about at least making displaying that information optional as additional choices in the privacy section of My Settings?

Re: Additional privacy options....
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The idea (I think) is to give an easy way for users to tell how long that user has been on the boards, how much time they've invested, etc. This gives a kind of overall way of gaging how reliable that person's information is.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I don't think the numer of hours logged on or the number of posts is an always reliable indicator of technical competence but if you like it great.  Give me the option to turn my stats off and you leave yours on. Smiley Wink 

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Other members have also asked the same thing and it was discussed at one of the meetings with the admins.

For now, it needs to stay the way it is due to various metrics that the admins need on a regular basis and it is a customization that was requested in the forum software.

There is a privacy setting in My Settings > Preferences to set your actual profile information to private, though.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Thanks for at least acknowledging the suggestion/request KaLin.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

You're Welcome.  Smiley Wink

The moderators can answer anything posted on this board that deals with the software platform, so ask away. . .

0 Likes
bigred42

The federal communications act of 1945 holds our conversations and transactions to be private and not subject to public scrutiny...Why isn't this adhered to? Would a complaint to the FCC or CPUC bring results?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bigred42 wrote:

The federal communications act of 1945 holds our conversations and transactions to be private and not subject to public scrutiny...Why isn't this adhered to? Would a complaint to the FCC or CPUC bring results?

Well considering it's a public forum, I don't think it counts as private communication...