FireFox - can't use to post on the forums!
sshost

I couldn't use FireFox 3.0.5 to post a messageto the forums.  It kept giving me an error saying I exceed the 20,000 character limit, even if I only had a few words in the text box.  I tried starting over several times, same issue every time.

So I had to use IE to post this message as well.  I never use IE, but had to in this case and prefer not to.

Curtis

0 Likes
Re: FireFox - can't use to post on the forums!
Justin46
Legend

Curtis,

I am responding to this post using Firefox 3.0.5. It seems to work for me, could it be that there is a plugin needed? If so, I don't know which one, I have a number installed. Do you have any plugins installed? If so, if you can list them, we can compare to what I have and maybe figure out something from that.

FWIW, this is the first time I have used Firefox on the Verizon forum, I use IE 7 for 99% of my work, but you can that it can work.

Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 01-27-2009 03:56 PM
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi sshost,

Were you by any chance trying to copy and paste from Word, without using the available "paste from Word" tool?? 

It sounds like it could be a "bad markup" error that's counting some html characters that don't show in the graphical editor.

I'm also responding with FF 3.0.5 and don't see any issues posting replies.

Regards,

0 Likes
sshost

I copied the info from an Outlook 2007 message, in case the forums kicked me out & wouldn't lose my info before posting it.

I also changed the email to plain text & tried copy it from there, but nothing.  I guess that must be the problem, something with that, as I'm posting with Firefox....

Message Edited by sshost on 01-27-2009 02:37 PM
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Thanks for the report.  Glad all is working for you now.  :smileyhappy:

We try to stay on top of any issues that are reported, so don't hesitate to let one of the moderators know if you're having a particular issue with any of the forum features and/or functions.

Regards

0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
I'm just curious why everyone is on FF 3.0.5?   It's up to 3.0.9 now.   Is 3.0.5 recommended for this Verizon site?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@DarkCobra wrote:
I'm just curious why everyone is on FF 3.0.5?   It's up to 3.0.9 now.   Is 3.0.5 recommended for this Verizon site?

If you look at the dates of the earlier posts you will see they are months ago. I am one who posted I was on 3.0.5, that just happened to be the level I was using, I have now upgraded Firefox on one of my systems to 3.0.7 and the other to 3.0.9, and both continue to work just fine. As far as I know there is no "recommended" level for the Verizon forums.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
Thanks Justin!
0 Likes