How to order online...
Mallette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent two hours from home trying to order a bundle, then 2 hours with a phone rep (after 30 minutes of negotiating the menu system) only to be told you really had to order online to get a deal, and now another 2 hours from a different network.  Total failure.  I've never had a harder time trying to buy anything. 

The system goes into a do loop at the registration bridge, repeats the "getting account info, loading products, etc" progress bar several times, then 404's or reports a server error.  I once actually got to a complete order that simple said "error" each time I hit submit.

Seems you have to be VERY persistent to do business with Verizon. 

I was finally told to call the local office, and warned that the wait times I'd already experienced would be short compared to that one.

Is it possible to order on line?  Comcast customers want to know...

Regards,

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to order online...
Mallette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fascinating.

{please keep it relevant}  I am going to make a call to Dallas to see if any of the sales execs up there care about how this has been handled.  I did some consulting for Verizon up there about 5 years back and recall I was rather amazed at the bureaucracy and remoteness from the real world.

A barebones description so far:

1. 2 hours attempting to order on line being confronted by 505's, 404's and other internal server errors from your servers.

2. 2 hours on the phone attempting to place an order with a rather nice lady who confirmed that most customers screamed obscenities at her due to these problems, and who finally said she could not honor or meet the online offers.  She then suggested calling the local office and warned me that the wait and menu hassles required to get through to her was nothing compared to what I could expect there, and that they might or might not honor the online...which, of course, you cannot get to work.

3. This Forum, where the only honest and accurate comment on my attempts to spend money with Verizon was removed and no comment from the moderaters offered.

Quite the business model, folks.  You may find the oncoming recession rather rude as many of us are going to cut back on being abused.

Kind regards,

Dave

PS - I am guessing this person will at least get this to somebody who cares: Mary Yarbrough, Vice President, Verizon National Sales - Business Sales & Billing Centers.  I suspect it will have to be dealt with by snail mail to have a chance of getting there.  Crikey, all this just to get SciFi in HD, :-). 

Message Edited by Mallette on 01-06-2009 05:35 AM
Message Edited by KaLin on 01-06-2009 11:33 AM

View solution in original post

Re: How to order online...
Mallette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fascinating.

{please keep it relevant}  I am going to make a call to Dallas to see if any of the sales execs up there care about how this has been handled.  I did some consulting for Verizon up there about 5 years back and recall I was rather amazed at the bureaucracy and remoteness from the real world.

A barebones description so far:

1. 2 hours attempting to order on line being confronted by 505's, 404's and other internal server errors from your servers.

2. 2 hours on the phone attempting to place an order with a rather nice lady who confirmed that most customers screamed obscenities at her due to these problems, and who finally said she could not honor or meet the online offers.  She then suggested calling the local office and warned me that the wait and menu hassles required to get through to her was nothing compared to what I could expect there, and that they might or might not honor the online...which, of course, you cannot get to work.

3. This Forum, where the only honest and accurate comment on my attempts to spend money with Verizon was removed and no comment from the moderaters offered.

Quite the business model, folks.  You may find the oncoming recession rather rude as many of us are going to cut back on being abused.

Kind regards,

Dave

PS - I am guessing this person will at least get this to somebody who cares: Mary Yarbrough, Vice President, Verizon National Sales - Business Sales & Billing Centers.  I suspect it will have to be dealt with by snail mail to have a chance of getting there.  Crikey, all this just to get SciFi in HD, :-). 

Message Edited by Mallette on 01-06-2009 05:35 AM
Message Edited by KaLin on 01-06-2009 11:33 AM