I suggest a forum specifically for Mac users who are Verizon customers
Dyan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a Mac user. I am envious of all the services that Verizon is introducing but are only PC compatible. I spoke with a very reasonable person in customer service today and understand that maybe my frustration with this is really not echoed by many.

I would like to put that theory to a test. The best way I know how to harness the Mac users who are Verizon customers is via the Verizon community forums. I have used the forums to solve other issues. But for Mac-specific issues maybe a Mac-specific forum is needed. Otherwise, I will bet, the Mac users are mixed in with all other postings on the forums and who has time to handle those needles in haystacks.

I'd be willing to help support the forum at absolutely no charge. I would just like to see it exist, rather selfishly I admit - as this would certainly make life a bit easier for me.

I hope you will consider this.

Re: I suggest a forum specifically for Mac users who are Verizon customers
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Thanks for your feedback.  We will pass this along to the powers that be to see if this can be implemented.

Regards,

joek44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with you 100%.  I'm fed up with the way Verizon ignores MAC users.  Advertising services and when you buy in you expect to get them only to find out that they don't exist for MACs.  My only thought about having a separate forum is it will be ignored by the powers that be.  I wish there was some way to get into their corporate pockets.  I sure don't see them making any offers to reduce our internet costs for the services they can't provide to MAC users.  Anyone know if it would be worth going to the FCC on it?

barbershopper11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen! After experiencing a four-day Verizon e-mail glitch and scouring the Community for information and hearing, "Oh you have a MAC; I'll transfer you to someone who can work on your problem," from Tech Support, I think a forum specifically for MAC users who are Verizon customers is great idea.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure separating Mac users from the rest of the masses is necessary.  I am a Mac user (MBP 15") as my primary device although I also have several regular PC's and a linux box at my house.    While I agree the tech support familiarity with Mac is somewhat lacking on the Verizon helpdesk (I have the same problem staffing a helpdesk in an enterprise environment -- the "PC" people don't understand or want to understand "Mac" -- although surprisingly, the people hired to support Mac are very comfortable with taking PC support calls), from a functionality standpoint I haven't really noticed any difference. 

So, on the support front, I would definitely agree.   Services -- not so much -- or at least not stuff I actually "want" to use.

Back to OP, it would be interesting to hear what services you were lamenting not having.

barbershopper11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back to OP, it would be interesting to hear what services you were lamenting not having.

In short, Customer Service. Verizon's is less than inadequate.

Verizon should provide easily available information in a timely manner about glitches covering a geographical area for a number of days–four in my case. Searching the Community for suggestions to remedy problems similar to mine was far more helpful than the many hours I spent waiting for and talking to support personnel. One female in the Complaint Resolution Department did a phenomenal job of getting me to reliable technical support.

Verizon's informing customers about what they can possibly do to temporarily remedy the problem would be a help. The gmail comment on the Community forum was a tremendous help and a relief. Verizon techies could have provided similar information.

Verizon's requesting customers without service to refer "friends to Verizon and EARN UP TO $100 referral when they sign up" is like sticking a finger into a customer's eye once they can receive e-mails.

joek44
Enthusiast - Level 2

In answer to the question about what service was i addressing, the service was the wireless hotspots.  I'm a 25/25 internet customer, PC's have access to wireless hotspots all over, airports, etc.  It's not available to Mac users.  That's one heck of a convenience to have taken away.  Obviously, there was not reduction in cost to offset the reduction in service.  So what is new, Verizon just can't be bothered,  They'll take you're money but don't provide comparable service if you use a Mac.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder folks, that this board is meant for feedback on the forum itself.  Any discussion of Verizon products or services can be posted on the appropriate boards. Thanks!

edotto1

So I am paying FULL price for fios but cannot use all of the services because I use a MAC. (MAC = superior computer to any PC)  I write music, books and am able to use it all over Europe.  Why am I charged full price?  MAC users should be compensated in some manner. All cable channels  at a basic price?  Just saying 

The fios guys looked at me straight and said - you will have access to EVERYTHING a PC user has access to - um - not so much.  wifi is just the tip of the iceberg.......

So the solution should be - leave and go to COMCAST.  False advertising is a big deal for me and I was told fios was faster and the service was better. Not the case - REALLY disappointed!

0 Likes
yakfishnick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree.  Verizon FiOS (and many other companies) need to start addressing Mac compatibility issues.  With the advent of devices such as the iPhone and iPad becoming standard issue in the American home, it sure would be nice for all media content folks to make their content available for the Mac platform.  I know the majority of the world uses PCs, but there is a growing number of Mac users out here who'd also like to have access.  It should be part of any thing developed on Verizon's part.  Get up to speed and take care of your Mac-using population.

0 Likes