Member Status?
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1
I am wondering how a member's status is determined.  When I signed up, I was initially classified as a "Newbie."  Now, after several posts, my classification has changed to "Visitor."  In other forums, a Visitor is someone who has not registered.  As I thought I had - have a user name, a password and can log in and go to forums and My Profile, it would seem I am a member.  So why  the Visitor classification?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Member Status?
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks KBG:

I guess I wouldn't have questioned the classification if it didn't say "Visitor."  As mentioned, other forums I've visited or joined used Visitor for people who were not registered members of that forum.  Hence the confusion on my part.  I did notice that after I posted the start of this thread, my status changed to Copper Contributor (never saw Regular Visitor) which pretty much answered my question and confirmed your response.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KBG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your (and everyone else's) status is determined by a number of factors including your activity reading and posting on the forum. As you spend more time on the boards, you 'rank up' to the next level. On the Verizon forums, registered users start out as "Newbie", then "Visitor", then "Regular Visitor", then "Copper Contributor" and continue to advance as their three factors rise. 

Hope this information was helpful, and thanks for your post. 🙂 

Message Edited by KBG on 08-12-2008 09:52 AM
0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks KBG:

I guess I wouldn't have questioned the classification if it didn't say "Visitor."  As mentioned, other forums I've visited or joined used Visitor for people who were not registered members of that forum.  Hence the confusion on my part.  I did notice that after I posted the start of this thread, my status changed to Copper Contributor (never saw Regular Visitor) which pretty much answered my question and confirmed your response.

0 Likes