New "keep me logged in" option does not work.
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

On the Verizon Community Sign In page, if I select Sign in with my Community Only User ID and password and check the "Keep me logged in unless I sign out for 2 weeks" check box, when I close my browser and come back a few minutes later, I have to sign in again.

I'm using IE8 on Win/XP (SP3).

0 Likes
Re: New "keep me logged in" option does not work.
prisaz
Legend

I have had the problem also. I have found that having my system clear my cookies when I log off just makes it imposible to stay logged in.

Are you having this when you close your browser or all the time?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Go to Tools > Internet Options and make sure Delete browsing history on exit isn't checked. (Or click on the Delete... button and uncheck Cookies and/or check the Preserve Favorites website data box and add this site to your favorites.)

prisaz
Legend

I have mine stuff cleared on exit, so it is security or convenience. I choose security.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:

I have mine stuff cleared on exit, so it is security or convenience. I choose security.

I don't use IE most of the time, so it is security and convenience. 😉 That comment was directed more at the OP than at you. If it's intentional, by all means leave it set that way. (That's also why I mentioned the option to not clear for favorites.)

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

No, I do not have IE set to clear cookies on exit.  Nor have I cleared cookies manually.

I have no trouble staying logged into to other sites.

I think I saw it work once or twice when the sign-on screen first changed, but I haven't seen it work since.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I have this problem too.  I've never been able to put my finger on when I get logged off, or why.  And sometimes I'm just logged off, period, and other times I get a messages saying my session has expired, click here to log back in.  I am logged off 100% of the time overnight when my PC is in sleep mode.

This isn't a bank account web site.  I'm on a PC that nobody else has physical access too.  I'd like to be able to stay signed on to the forums.  It's not a huge deal to have to log back on at least once a day but it is a minor irritation. Smiley Wink

edit:  I run IE8.  I just closed IE8, reopened it, and went back to the forums.  I was still logged in.  So exiting IE8 doesn't cause the forced logoff.  It seems to me more lack of activity related.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

You are correct, eljefe.  The default setting is for 2 hours' of inactivity to be logged out.  Each community that uses the Lithium software can change that setting if they wish.  Verizon has opted to keep it for the time being.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

So what's the purpose of showing an option that would lead a user to believe they can be remain logged in for 2 weeks KaLin?

ShellyNinja
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can Verizon at least change the display fro "We keep you signed on for 2 weeks" to "We keep you signed on for 2 hours", if they are not going to fix it?