Posting Problems
Justin46
Legend

I keep running into problems making posts here, can someone help me?

1) The editor keeps jumping up to show the top of the post. I put the cursor where I want, and bang, it disappears from sight. Any way to stop that?

2) I wanted to create a table for a post. I cannot find any table function in your editor. So I went and created one in Word. When I pasted it in using the Paste from Word function, the editor says there is invalid HTML, and eliminates all of the table formatting. So then I just created a graphic and put that in, but then the links that I had so carefully created no longer works. How can I build a table and put it in a post?

3) Why can't I insert an image  from my hard drive? Or, if I can, what URL do I use? It is a useless pain to have to upload my image to a server which I can then reference in the popup when inserting the image.

thanks,

Justin

0 Likes
Re: Posting Problems
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi Justin,

Does it only happen with IE7 or have you tried using a different browser??

Message Edited by KaLin on 12-21-2008 10:26 PM
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I have only tried IE 7.

Justin

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

On the first issue, can you do a screenshot so we can see what's going on??

As for inserting a table, you could use an html editor like http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp for that.

And as for inserting an image from your hard drive, we're working on that -- stay tuned. . .

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I am not sure how I can replicate the first one and capture it, but I will try. It doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, but I tend to make posts that exceed the editor window, and just when I am figuring out what to say next the darn things jumps and I lose track of where I am and what I was going to say. And sometimes it is virtually impossible to get the thing to stay in one place.

I have Dreamweaver, I tried pasting the Word table into that, removing the Word unique stuff, and then pasting that into into your editor, didn't work. I guess I should have tried creating the table directly in Dreamweaver, but I already had the table created in Word, and I didn't particularly feel like copying and pasting all of the entries into the cells of a new table in Dreamweaver. The next time I want to create a table I will try creating it natively in Dreamweaver (but it sure would be nice to have a table function in your editor so I and others could build tables directly there). And I just had another thought: I could try using the editor I have available in the website I maintain, it supports creating tables, I could create it there and then copy and paste, that might work. At least I have something I can try next time, as long as I remember to not start in Word first!

Re: image from the hard drive, I can't wait! Good to hear...

Justin

0 Likes