Airplane mode and WiFi - Europe
AL_SIL

I'm traveling to Europe with no Travel Plan.  Want to use Android Galaxy 7 phone primarily for pictures and for connecting to WiFi.  Have been testing the phone settings. With Airplane Mode ON, Mobile Data OFF, Data Roaming Access Denied. and WiFi ON I was able to send and receive text and check email.  Are there charges incurred with this? If I turn on WiFi calling are there charges with this? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Airplane mode and WiFi - Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like you're headed on a fantastic trip, AL_SIL. I know how important it is to stay connected, especially while traveling. 

While traveling, if you use WiFi, with Cellular Data OFF, and Airplane Mode ON, and you are calling a U.S. number, you will not be charged. If you are calling or texting a local Europe number, you will be charged International. 

You can get all details here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/ 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

Re: Airplane mode and WiFi - Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like you're headed on a fantastic trip, AL_SIL. I know how important it is to stay connected, especially while traveling. 

While traveling, if you use WiFi, with Cellular Data OFF, and Airplane Mode ON, and you are calling a U.S. number, you will not be charged. If you are calling or texting a local Europe number, you will be charged International. 

You can get all details here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/ 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.