Can I Use My Device In St Thomas And St John?
MIKJAN88

Some clarifications on using our Verizon phones on St Thomas and St John. Do we need to do anything to our phones before we go, add an international plan or change any settings? It looks like voice call are billed at $1.79 per minute. Am I correct that there is no additional charge for texting or data, it will just come off the messaging and data allotment we have on our plans? (We are traveling there by air so no cruise ship)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: St Thomas, St John USVI
Weth
Legend

US Virgin Islands is domestic. Text, Data, and Calls are all on your current US plan.

From Verizon travel planner:

St John

Your device is good to go, just pick a plan.

You can use your domestic talk, text and data in the selected destination(s) at no additional charge.

Does my current plan include calls and texts between US Mainland and USVI?

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

US Virgin Islands is domestic. Text, Data, and Calls are all on your current US plan.

From Verizon travel planner:

St John

Your device is good to go, just pick a plan.

You can use your domestic talk, text and data in the selected destination(s) at no additional charge.

Does my current plan include calls and texts between US Mainland and USVI?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a fantastic trip, MIKJAN88. It’s definitely important to know what to expect before you head out and I can answer your concerns. I highly recommend logging into www.vzw.com/tripplanner so that you can double check your account specifically before any trip or in case you have a layover in your flight, but St. Thomas and St. John are both considered as domestic for talk, text and data at no additional charge. This means that calls and text and data used while you’re at those specific locations would count towards your allowance as if you where still here in the United States.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Can I Use My Device In St Thomas And St John?
parkrunner3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just in St. Thomas on a cruise ship on Feb 6th.  I had NO coverage either on the ship on or land.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you know if you had the correct settings in your phone turned on to make sure your device was able to connect to the international towers? 

JeffreyR_VZW

raesive64

Going to St Thomas next month. What settings are needed to make my phone work? Trip planner says that my plan is good to go, but I'm not sure if I have to do anything specific with the device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to use your phone on your trip. We are here to help. 

You would just need to ensure your phone has Roaming Settings turned ON while traveling out of the USA. Here is a link to help give you more information https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-international-travel-video/

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blnete18
Enthusiast - Level 1

UNLESS you have a travel plan because you travel all the time. Then it grabs another tower from the BVI and sure you are warned but you aren't UNwarned.  Then when you speak with a rep they tell you that USVI is international and they will "Take it to their team" Completely predatory and criminal

Jadblock221

Not true, I got an almost $8 charge in St Thomas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize if you have had issues while traveling. We have a technical staff to help in these times. Were you able to report this to our technical support teams? This experience doesn't sound like one our customers have to endure often. I am sure we can get this resolved. BobbyN_VZW