Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Extra charge in Europe?
ebaker60

I have the 40.00 for a month because I'm wondering if I need to turn off roaming while here. I get 100 free min calling, 100 text out but I'm nervous that I'm going to get some type of charge over the 40.00 if I'm on roaming. So I guess my question is do I have to shut off something in my settings

0 Likes
Re: Extra charge in Europe?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm more than happy to answer your question, ebaker60. I would suggest keeping your device on Airplane Mode while not using it, this will prevent you from getting any accidental Text Messages. 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
EEWRATH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar question, but won't the text just pour in when you do take it of airplane mode? 

My similar questions (couldn't post for some reason  )

Do text received in "sync over wifi" mode count against international plan limit (100 /per no.)?

Curious since I'm quickly I'm getting all kinds of political texts  group text etc on a daily basis and 100 for a month is not going to cut it...

Also  does the 100 texts include in and outgoing texts combined? thanks in advance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EEWRATH, We hope your travels are going great. Yes, once you turn the Airplane Mode feature off your text messages will pour in, if you're abroad then the appropriate charges would apply. If you are in Airplane Mode and the text is syncing over Wi-Fi only then you will not be billed for text. Any messages sent and received does count towards your international rate plan. For pricing details, visit: http://spr.ly/6585DimZ9

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EEWRATH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi thanks for the information. Unfortunately it seems contradictory to

other information that was supplied via your Twitter..

1) As far as I know , it is impossible to connect to WiFi when in airplane

mode so not sure what to make of that answer

2) representative via Twitter said only outgoing text count towards my

limit... so I presume this statement is regarding the data.?

3) I’m very disappointed in Verizon’s apprioach to exclaiming what should

be simple parameters of your plans. I think having to waste my time posting

on Twitter is ridiculous.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 11:55 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You CAN turn on the wifi radio while the phone is in Airplane mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes