How To Make an International SIM Work on Samsung Galaxy S5
INFAMOUS_INSANITY

Just arrived in London with a OneSimCard International Europe & More SIM Card. The card was recommended by one of Verizon's Customer Service employees. Maybe naively, I trusted it to work with my phone. Followed the set-up listed for OneSimCard, but for some reason my Samsung Galaxy S5 still won't recognize the SIM. I end up roaming instead. Do I need to unlock my phone? The gentleman at Verizon I spoke to said my phone was already unlocked. Was he wrong? If so, how can I A) unlock the phone and/or B) get the SIM to work now that I am in London? I can't call customer service, because my SIM card isn't working (unless there is a way to call a landline while using wifi?) Is there a store I can go to for help? What can I do? Hoping to get this figured out before I move on to my next destination.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How To Make an International SIM Work on Samsung Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

INFAMOUS_INSANITY, we hope you are enjoying your travels while abroad. We want to lead you in the right direction. All of our 4G devices are unlocked. This means there is nothing that needs to be done in the system to have them work internationally. We not familiar with the OneSimCard International. Most people purchase a SIM card while international. This will allow you to have service on another carrier. If you have any issues with services you can speak to company where you got the SIM card.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How To Make an International SIM Work on Samsung Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

INFAMOUS_INSANITY, we hope you are enjoying your travels while abroad. We want to lead you in the right direction. All of our 4G devices are unlocked. This means there is nothing that needs to be done in the system to have them work internationally. We not familiar with the OneSimCard International. Most people purchase a SIM card while international. This will allow you to have service on another carrier. If you have any issues with services you can speak to company where you got the SIM card.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes