I have travel pass setup on unlimited plan, going to mexico
lowerpower

Do I need to turn off travel pass to get the free Mexico calling?  The travel pass site says $5 day, but says free on unlimited, but it’s  not clear if I have to turn off the travel pass for this.  

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have travel pass setup on unlimited plan, going to mexico
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@lowerpower wrote:

Do I need to turn off travel pass to get the free Mexico calling?  The travel pass site says $5 day, but says free on unlimited, but it’s  not clear if I have to turn off the travel pass for this.  

thanks

What is the exact plan on the line on your account?  If it includes Mexico calling, you don't need to have the Travel Pass option on the line.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
lowerpower

Yes I said all phones in the account are unlimited same plan, the phones that do not have travel pass enabled say "Includes Mexico & Canada with your domestic plan".   Its not obvious if the travel pass enabled phones have free Mexico calling or it cost $5/day.  The documentation seems to hint that it might be free, but is not black and white..

So the real question is do I need to drop Travel Pass on the lines going to Mexico to not get charged $5/day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can provide guidance through here. Please send us a Private Note letting us know which unlimited plan you have.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello, we can provide guidance through here. Please send us a Private Note letting us know which unlimited plan you have.

Please post your answer here so we all see it and will not have to re-ask the same question.

@lowerpower  Why don't you just remove the Travel Pass option from the lines and see if the 'free Mexico calling' text shows up?  If you want, you can always add it back.  Having the option on a line with a plan that includes Mexico calling may be clutter.  

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lowerpower, traveling can be stressful enough, and not having to worry about paying for service in a different country is something that does not need to be piled on.  If you have an Unlimited Plan that includes Mexico you will not need to worry about the $5 a day charge.  It does have to use TravelPass but you will not be charged.  If you want to get the most accurate information specific to your plan you can plan your trip with all the countries you are going here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/international/international-travel/trip-planner-tool/   This will provide you with specific information on what to expect with your plan and service.

0 Likes