If going to Wales and will only use phone when connected to wi-fi, will I be charged?
DAISYGARDEN1967

I am wanting to ensure I am prepared for the trip and can connect without charges.

Is this possible with my iPhone 6?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If going to Wales and will only use phone when connected to wi-fi, will I be charged?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Airplane Mode when you leave the USA and keep it on for the entire trip. You can separately turn on the wifi radio when you want to access a local hotspot.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If going to Wales and will only use phone when connected to wi-fi, will I be charged?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Airplane Mode when you leave the USA and keep it on for the entire trip. You can separately turn on the wifi radio when you want to access a local hotspot.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daisygarden1967,

Your trip sounds amazing. We want to make sure we set you up for success. As Ann154 mentioned, if you keep your phone in Airplane mode you will not incur any additional charges. Using Wi-Fi is a great way to stay in touch while traveling. If you were in need of using the phone while traveling here is some cost options http://vz.to/17KseUf. Enjoy your trip.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes