Is there a fee for texting in Japan?
TEARRIFIC

I'm traveling to Japan and my family wants to know when I arrive. Is there a fee for texting from Japan to the US if the hotel has WiFi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Japan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tearrific, I hope that you have safe travels to Japan. We want to make sure that you can stay connected with your friends and family. To make sure that we provide you with the most accurate information about your travels. What make and model device do you currently have? While you're connected to Wi-Fi that should not have any additional roaming charges. But, if the phone is used on the cellular network and there is no plan, there would be a pay as you go rate. It would be $1.79 per minute for phone calls, $0.50 per sent text message, $0.05 per received text message and $2.05 per MB of data. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Japan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tearrific, I hope that you have safe travels to Japan. We want to make sure that you can stay connected with your friends and family. To make sure that we provide you with the most accurate information about your travels. What make and model device do you currently have? While you're connected to Wi-Fi that should not have any additional roaming charges. But, if the phone is used on the cellular network and there is no plan, there would be a pay as you go rate. It would be $1.79 per minute for phone calls, $0.50 per sent text message, $0.05 per received text message and $2.05 per MB of data. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes