Please clarify Canada/Mexico 50% rule
WEARE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Beyond Unlimited and am visiting Canada for 6 weeks. According to my plan, "If more than 50% of your talk, text or data usage in a 60–day period is in Canada or Mexico, use of those services in those countries may be removed or limited."

Does "usage" mean any day I use my device in Canada (in other words, can I retain all services if I only use my device 29 out of the 42 days I'm gone)? Or is it determined by minutes of talk, number of texts, and gigabytes of data (so to retain all services I need to talk, text and use data 3 times more in the two weeks before and/or after my trip than I used them during)?

If the latter, how is the 60-day period determined (is it any two consecutive billing cycles, does it start the first day I use my device in Canada, or can Verizon choose any random start date that lets it cut my services)?

0 Likes
Re: Please clarify Canada/Mexico 50% rule
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Weare! With regard to our Beyond unlimited plan you are able to use your phone as long as it does not exceed the 60 day period. You are able to use your phone normally with the 42 day period that you will be in Canada with out worry. If you were to go over the 60 Days that is when you would be impacted. Does this make sense?  Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Please clarify Canada/Mexico 50% rule
WEARE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not really. If it's simply a 60-day limit, why say anything at all about 50% usage?

0 Likes