Using Samsung Galaxy S7 in China
mg1452
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 that I'm trying to use with a Chinese SIM in Shanghai. I've gone to two different Chinese phone companies to try their SIM cards. I can make phone calls but I can't access the internet. I called Verizon and they said my phone isn't blocked. I tried restarting my phone and waiting a couple minutes for the phone to connect to the network but that didn't work. Also, I went into settings and set my phone to LTE/CDMA and that didn't work. Any help or suggestions would be helpful Smiley Happy

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Using Samsung Galaxy S7 in China
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try GLOBAL or LTE/GSM? The LTE/CDMA mode is for USA only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MG1452, I can understand the importance of using your device while international on another carrier. We are here to help. I am glad to hear that calls are working especially after you have inserted another provider's, SIM Card. Check to ensure that your device is set to Global as instructed by Ann154. Also, you may need APN settings from the Local Provider for data connections. Go to Settings> Connection> Mobile Network> APN (Access Point Name)> Add. Your local provider will be able to provide these settings to you.

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mg1452
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked, Thank you!!

Marlisa [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
mg1452
Enthusiast - Level 2

What worked was looking up the APN settings, then setting it to LTE/CDMA. The LTE/CDMA actually works better here in China. I was able to look the APN settings online.

Thanks Verizon for the help

0 Likes