Using a phone without SIM card
dselmal

If we remove the SIM card from an iPhone 6 while traveling internationally will that make the phone like an iPod? Meaning if we want to avoid accidentally using data, and wont need to place phone calls, as long as we are connected to wifi will we be able to use every other function other than making/receiving phone calls?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using a phone without SIM card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes that would work. You can also keep the phone in Airplane mode for the entire trip too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes that would work. You can also keep the phone in Airplane mode for the entire trip too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dselmal

I was planning to keep it on airplane mode, but then figured by taking out the SIM card it would avoid any possible issue of using international data. In the past some times selected "on" and "off" gets changed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can take it out, but be careful to not lose it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Correct, removing the SIM card will prevent it from accessing any mobile networks aside from WiFi. You can also simply disable roaming on the phone to accomplish this as well.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes