Will I be charged if I place an international call via wi-fi?
j_siegel

I am in Europe and would like to set up the Message+ app so that I can use my Verizon number for phone calls and SMS to US-based numbers. Before trying it, I checked the Terms & Conditions to see what the possible charges would be. The wording is very ambiguous so I am hoping someone can provide some clarification regarding this sentence:

Any call made from a tablet to a U.S. number will be treated as a domestic call, no matter where the call originates, and will not count against your calling plan, except for calls made to premium numbers such as 411.

This specifically mentions tablets. Does this mean I could incur charges if I use my cell phone or computer?

While I am in Europe, if I place a call over wifi to a US number, I will not be charged for international data consumption nor international calling. Is this correct?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question regarding possible charges while abroad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How awesome that you're in Europe, j_siegel. We want you to be  able to use the phone while there. So glad you're asking ahead of time  about what would or would not incur charges. We'll gladly clarify this.  You're absolutely right. Using WIFI will not incur any fees from us on  your bill. Be certain you're on WIFI only, though, if you're looking to  minimize costs. You can view the latest rates and information at  https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international/

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Question regarding possible charges while abroad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How awesome that you're in Europe, j_siegel. We want you to be  able to use the phone while there. So glad you're asking ahead of time  about what would or would not incur charges. We'll gladly clarify this.  You're absolutely right. Using WIFI will not incur any fees from us on  your bill. Be certain you're on WIFI only, though, if you're looking to  minimize costs. You can view the latest rates and information at  https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international/

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes