Will Wi-Fi Calling/Texting Work Out Of The Country?
jordantball
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if wifi text messaging will work out of the country just like wifi calling and will I will be able to send unlimited SMS texts messages through a wifi network without using my global plan's allowance?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will wifi calling texting messaging work out of the country?
Weth
Legend

If you are on wifi and have wifi calling active, you should think of this just like you are sitting at home. All calls and texts will work when wifi calling is active and all charges are as if you are at home.

So, yes SMS texts will be sent over wifi calling and not use your global plan allowance - while on wifi and wifi calling is active, or you send through message plus.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jordantball, Let's explore the best options for your global needs. What text messaging apps would you be using? How long will you be out of the country? Do you need to stay connected even when you are away from WiFi? What country(ies) will you be travelling to? http://spr.ly/65878POnc

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you are on wifi and have wifi calling active, you should think of this just like you are sitting at home. All calls and texts will work when wifi calling is active and all charges are as if you are at home.

So, yes SMS texts will be sent over wifi calling and not use your global plan allowance - while on wifi and wifi calling is active, or you send through message plus.

jordantball
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! I appreciate your answer! It was very helpful!

0 Likes
jordantball
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll be going to the Philippines and Weth answered my question which is helpful!

0 Likes